Assistant/Associate Open World Content Designer - Diablo IV
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Open World Content Designer - Diablo IV
Requisition ID: R001947
The minions of Hell grow stronger! Our horde of diabolically talented developers is expanding. While our backgrounds are varied, we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the diablo team!
The Diablo IV team is looking for an Open World Content Designer who has an interest creating compelling scripted content to help bring the world of Sanctuary to life as never seen before.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design and implementation of fun new events and open world content
- Creation of and general maintenance of documentation related to open world content
- Technical implementation and maintenance of existing event and open world content
- Support other disciplines in their integration of events and open world content
- Experience working with text-based scripting languages to author game content
- Strong understanding of isometric ARPG gameplay
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values - specifically, within the gothic dark fantasy of Diablo
- Able to work to maintain a positive attitude in a creatively driven, highly collaborative, and iterative team environment
- Experience using Lua as a scripting language
- Previous design experience for Online / Multiplayer games
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter, including:
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and console role-playing games and specifically the Diablo series
- Portfolio or examples of prior design work
Back to top