Assistant PR Manager
Blizzard Entertainment is dedicated to creating the most epic gaming experiences…Ever! Our regional organization based in Taiwan is an exciting extension of the Blizzard family with a workplace that values collaboration, creativity, a passion for games, and fun.
Want to join us?
We are calling for a public relations (PR) hero to join our integrated marketing team. This Assistant PR Manager will be highly organized, focused, detail-oriented, able to multitask efficiently, and work independently in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate has the experience and can assist with both PR and event coordination projects, with an emphasis on esports. Excellent communication and coordination skills are critical for this position. A passion for Blizzard games, sports, or esports are a plus. Are you with us?
- Manage media relationships, media pitches, press coverage, executive interviews / speeches.
- Assist to manage PR agency, event agency, and third party vendors.
- Coordinate with other functional teams and agencies to develop/manage communication messages and materials, including localization.
- Execute corporate social responsibility projects.
- Manage PR agency for daily local coverage monitoring.
- Draft PR releases.
- Manage annual event calendar for Blizzard Taiwan.
- Coordinate with other functional needs and execute events, from small scale gatherings, to live esports events, to large scale shows / exhibitions.
- Manage all aspects of events including conceptualizing, designing, pre-planning, and full execution (logistics, venue selection, qualifying vendors, etc.).
- Develop and manage event-related contracts and invoices.
- Develop and maintain event schedules including set-up, live event schedule, and tear down.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in PR & Communication in FMCG, retail, or PR agency
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, or Public Relation is preferred
- Rich event management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Mandarin
- Organized, logical in thinking / doing things, and attention to detail
- Willingness to be flexible on working hours
- Rich mass and life media contacts, IT / gaming media relationships
- Passion for games, sports or esports
- Game industry or sports / esports experience are pluses
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top