Assistant Game Director
We’re on a quest to bring our dream games to life and make them as awesome on the screen as they are in our heads. To accomplish that, we need smart, driven people with serious talents. Members of the Heroes of the Storm team are experienced developers and die-hard Blizzard fans who strive to make the most action-packed and dynamic MOBA in the world. Our goal as a team isn’t just to defy convention, we want to redefine it.
Our team is looking for a talented Assistant Game Director with phenomenal communication skills, proven leadership experience, a strong design background, and a stellar track record of shipping AAA games to help guide Heroes of the Storm into the future. You’ll help lead the charge for a highly talented team to continuously strive to make the game the best experience possible.
Experience driving and communicating a clear vision in a highly-collaborative environment, managing and mentoring creative designers, and being a true partner to Engineering, Art, Audio and Production is essential. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Partner with the Game Director and team leadership to set the overall vision and direction for Heroes of the Storm
- Direct the design team in creating epic game experiences
- Maintain an awareness of the state of the game and community feedback to help influence direction and prioritization
- Maintain communication with the community via forum posts, press announcements, interviews, and public appearances
- Establish and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, and foster a culture of success
- Coach and guide creative team members toward achieving their career goals
- Become a stakeholder in studio level strategy ideation and provide an active voice in resolving global issues
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Heroes of the Storm
- Has a minimum of 6 years of applicable experience
- Shipped AAA games as a lead game designer, game director, or in a senior development role
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building skills
- Recognized ability to guide and inspire large development teams
- Able to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with all development disciplines
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization
- Great sense for what makes a game fun to play
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- A love for Blizzard Entertainment games
- Experience developing and supporting a live MOBA game
- Experience with Esports
- International game experience
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top