Assistant Esports Manager, Taiwan and Southeast Asia
Blizzard Entertainment is dedicated to creating the most epic gaming experiences…Ever! Our regional organization based in Taiwan is an exciting extension of the Blizzard family with a workplace that values collaboration, creativity, a passion for games, and fun.
Want to join us?
We’re looking for heroes. Specifically, we’re looking for an Assistant Esports Manager with a passion for esports and a track record for outstanding planning and execution.
Esports sits at the intersection of games, sports, entertainment and technology, and is poised for explosive growth. When combined with Blizzard’s unrivaled portfolio of esports franchises and the state-of-the-art Blizzard Estadium in Taipei, this presents a unique opportunity for an experienced esports professional.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, a quick learner and a self-starter who can adapt quickly in the fast-paced esports industry. This person will have the interpersonal skills and team work mindset to collaborate with multiple internal and external teams on a cross-functional and cross-regional basis.
- Act in a program management capacity to develop and execute esports plans for the assigned franchise(s) that are consistent with global programs and regional business needs, across Taiwan and Southeast Asia.
- Work across functions to ensure that our esports program and shoulder content are tightly integrated with our game publishing activities and brand pillars.
- Responsible for execution of online and offline events, including managing vendors as well as hands-on tournament operations.
- Develop and manage relationships with esports partners including vendors, talent, organizers and team owners.
- Meet and exceed agreed upon key performance indicators for each program.
- Develop and distribute regular reports relating to esports activities, in a timely manner.
- Support Blizzard’s participation in consumer, trade, and related events.
- Oversee the vetting of third-party tournament applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in esports (including development and execution of competitive gaming, ladders, leagues, and tournaments), traditional sports, or equivalent.
- Live event planning, execution and budgeting experience.
- Experience in working with and managing partners/vendors.
- Experience working with international teams and exposure to multi-cultural environments.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining focus on the work at hand.
- Strong bi-lingual written and oral communication skills in English and a second language (preferably Mandarin Chinese, Thai or Vietnamese).
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints.
- Able to interface effectively across different segments from fans, to pro-gamers, to business people.
- Passionate gamer, particularly Blizzard games such as Hearthstone, StarCraft 2, Heroes of the Storm or Overwatch.
- Availability for international travel.
- Active participant or leader within the Blizzard esports communities.
- Live broadcasting, editorial or video content production experience.
- Business background.
- Presentation, teaching, or other public speaking experience.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top