Assistant Community Manager, Overwatch
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced community manager whose passionate about the gaming industry, player communities, communication, and social media. This role works in close partnership with the North American marketing team and the Overwatch development team to build player excitement and relationships on the franchise’s behalf. The ideal candidate is driven and motivated, a student of brand marketing and communications, and has a proven track record of large-scale community development efforts in the entertainment industry.
- Act as a public-facing representative of Overwatch and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels and at events (both in person and online).
- Contribute to the planning and execution of community development programs for Overwatch.
- Support communication plans and channel management.
- Simultaneously manage multiple community development projects.
- Build relationships with community partners such as fan sites, influencers, and volunteers.
- Work closely with Overwatch’s North American marketing team, web & mobile, and the development team
- Provide meaningful feedback on the community’s sentiment, concerns, and suggestions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with brand communications, forums, and social media
- Project management training and experience
- Experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting & analytics
- Familiar with project management and process improvement
- Ability to meet deliverables amid a fast paced, high volume environment
- Ability to travel, including international travel, and work long hours and weekends as needed
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Third party relationship management experience
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submissions with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top