- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Art Manager
Requisition ID: R002453
Arcane Explosion and Ancient Healing! Claw and Cleave! Bane of Doom! Blizzard Entertainment has an amazing opportunity for a seasoned art manager to join us on Hearthstone. The ideal candidate possesses outstanding people management, communication, organization skills, and a thorough understanding of art department dynamics within game development.
As the art manager, you will be an integral part our art leadership and use your experience to guide the careers of those in the art department, help them grow in their craft, and be a positive influence for them on a daily basis. As a member of the Hearthstone team, you will contribute to the unique personality of our team that makes creating Hearthstone fun, charming, and filled with delightful surprises!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
• A critical partner in ensuring the wellness and growth of our team.
• Partner with the art director and art leads to manage individuals across the entire art
• Define and manage artist career paths within the team.
• Conduct regular one on ones with art department leadership and artists.
• Mentor art leads on management and leadership.
• A solid strategist who helps the team with long-term planning around career growth and staffing.
• Performance reviews and coaching for the team.
• Design and implement best practices around staffing, interviewing, and career development.
• Administer staffing decisions that help achieve both the short- and long-term goals of the art team.
• Partner with Human Resources for management related training.
• Coordinate with other game team's department managers for best practices and learnings.
• Strong communications and organizational skills.
• Able to handle a wide range of personnel issues including recruitment, career development, and conflict resolution.
• Able to manage a large team of artists in a dynamically changing game production environment.
• A minimum of 7 years' management experience.
• Have shipped AAA titles as an art department manager or art lead.
• Game art or content creation experience.
• A real passion for card or strategy games.
• Extensive experience playing Blizzard games.
Required Application Materials
• Cover Letter, which should include:
• Why you are interested in working at Blizzard.
• Your passion for management of artists.
• What games you are currently playing.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Back to top