Animator - Temp
Are you a maestro at orchestrating projects, people, and processes? Are you able to obsess over the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Do you thrive in a high stakes and fluid work environment that requires creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? Are you the person we're looking for?
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Animator Temp to assist our cinematics team in crafting the next generation of animated films that can work on a contract/temp basis. You are skilled at animating characters at a level that lives up to the ever-increasing Blizzard Entertainment standard of quality. You should have a strong foundation in animation principles, the ability to reinforce the story by creating memorable performances, and have aptitude working in a variety of animation styles.
Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation.
- You have a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in game development, television, or film industry using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- A demo reel, demonstrating excellent 3D animation skills
- Real passion for film, animation and video games
- Able to effectively collaborate with other artists, producers, and programmers
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a phenomenal team-player attitude
- Assist in supporting and evolving the cinematics team with constructive feedback both technically and artistically
- Artistic skills: story boarding, gesture drawing, 2D animation, composition
- Technical skills: rigging, scripting, and understanding of pipeline
- Physical skills: acting, martial arts, and choreography
- Film making skills: cinematography, pre-visualization, editing, and story writing
- Understanding of FX, particles, cloth, and hair as they contribute to a character’s performance
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF preferred)
- Reel (Online link preferred)
- An animation test (Action or Acting) may be requested depending on evaluation of portfolio
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top