Animation and Rigging TD
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Animation Technical Director (TD) to join our cinematics team. The Animation and Rigging TD must have a thorough knowledge of animation, rigging and simulation tools currently used in the CG/VFX industry, as well as related cross pipeline workflows. They will be providing support for animation and rigging artists, helping them with technical challenges and debugging, work with technical and artistic supervisors to determine workflows, tool requirements, and asset needs. This individual will also implement tools and workflow automation. They must be excellent communicators.
- Proficient Python development skills and debugging techniques.
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya.
- Experience with Qt, PyQt, PySide
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to animation and rigging.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills under pressure
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing tools, and implementing process improvements in a CG production environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Technical support focused
- MEL, C, C++ programming experience
- Strong object oriented programming design skills
- Shell scripting experience (c-shell, bash, etc.)
- Windows programming experience
- Able to create workflows or tools in new unfamiliar areas
- Generalist TD experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Familiar with Blizzard games and cinematics
To apply, please submit a pdf of your resume.
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top