Android Software Engineer, Mobile
Blizzard Entertainment’s web and mobile team is looking for a talented software engineer to help us develop mobile applications that enhance and compliment Blizzard’s epic game experiences.
Blizzard Entertainment’s mobile applications provide the players of our games with rich, interactive second screen experiences that extend engagement with our games long after the player has logged out of the game clients themselves. They connect our players to live events – from exciting exclusive coverage of our BlizzCon event to eSports tournaments and matches happening worldwide – ensuring that our most passionate fans never have to miss a moment of the content they love. They also provide useful utilities to make the process of playing our games easier and more secure.
We are looking for an engineer who can thrive in our uniquely creative, collaborative, and technically challenging environment to help us push our engagement experiences even deeper into mobile platforms. We love doing what we do for a living, especially in an environment where knowledge sharing and boundary pushing happens instinctively. If you’re ready to merge your inner geek with your outer engineer and embrace the opportunity of a lifetime, we want to work with you!
- Design, architect, and implement new user-facing features in Blizzard’s mobile apps.
- Support our current portfolio of products, which includes the World of Warcraft Armory, Battle.net Authenticator, BlizzCon, and WCS applications.
- Write libraries and frameworks to maximize speed and scale of mobile development.
- Develop prototypes for future mobile products.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in developing, releasing, and maintaining native Android applications
- Experience with Java language
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and MVC application design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with networking and high level protocols such as TCP or HTTP
- Experience building custom UI
- Love for debugging and knowledge of instruments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Passion for gaming, mobile, and Blizzard products
- Experience leading development teams
- Shipped your own personal apps
- Cross-platform development experience for iOS and Android
- Experience with shipping and maintaining mobile applications that support a global user base
- Collaborated on existing open source projects
- Web development experience
- Solid understanding of low-level programming and optimization
- Strong mobile design and product sensibilities
- Agile development experience
- Experience with a continuous integration build system
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)
Required Application Materials
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top