We are looking for a quantitative focused researcher that loves digging through and analyzing data in order to understand our users. You should be prepared to mind meld with our data stores to gain user insights. If that is you, then you will be joining our existing analytics team but with a more data driven angle to help understand what motivates our users. This requires working with our Business Intelligence, Customer Service, and Design teams to help create relationships and a good workflow (don’t worry, they don’t bite). You will identify and investigate patterns in our data to inform, teach, and inspire product owners and design teams. So if you want the opportunity to further improve Blizzard’s Shop and e-commerce, we would love to chat.
- Help the team understand user patterns using both internal and 3rd party data.
- Define problems and opportunities through analysis of current behaviors combined with product goals.
- Create and show solutions to create tagging strategies and work with engineering to ensure the right data is being measured.
- Deliver and follow through using Dashboards, reports and data-driven recommendations to evaluate designs and inspire new ideas
- Serious passion for user-centered design.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Analyst, Researcher, Data Scientist or similar.
- Examples of study designs and analytics strategies.
- Examples of easily digestible story-based reports.
- Experience using Tableau, Google Analytics, Excel Power Pivot, and Google Tag Manager.
- Experience setting tagging strategy and implementing tags with tag managing solutions.
- Experience with web, mobile, and PC application tracking.
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview, Metric Insights, etc).
- Experience pulling data with SQL.
- Experience running A/B tests.
- Experience creating user focused KPI’s.
- A degree in Stats, Information Science, Social Science, Informatics, CS, MBA, Math, or related.
- Loves puppies (kittens, badgers, or other related juvenile animals are also ok).
Applicants must submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) a resume, (iii) and URL or PDF of your portfolio/studies/reports. Only applicants with all three will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top