Analyst, Business and Gameplay Insights - Overwatch League
Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that their fans have the best experience possible. Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports. We’ll be launching Overwatch League in 2017.
We are seeking an Analyst, Business and Gameplay Insights - Overwatch League to lead strategic analysis focused on optimization and evaluation of Overwatch League operations. You will need to fundamentally understand key performance indicators from the perspectives of the league, the teams, the players, the casters and the fans to make Overwatch League the premier esports organization.
- Slice through petabytes of data to find compelling and actionable business insights
- Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Stand before stakeholders, including senior leaders, to clearly communicate your strategic findings and recommendations
- Translate recommendations into efficient action plans for senior management and department leaders
- Keep abreast of industry trends and innovative developments
- Stay ahead of KPI and evaluation criteria for Overwatch League teams and players
- Create the sabermetrics of Overwatch esports
- Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions. Tireless advocate for the use of data to solve problems.
- Curiosity: Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Superior communications, presentation, and facilitation skills: must be able to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization.
- Capable of building highly functional and beautiful dashboards.
- Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective with storytelling using data and appropriate visualizations.
- Passionate about competitive gaming and advanced metrics in sports (Sabermetrics, etc)
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Gaming, Management Consulting, Product Management, Entertainment or Finance
- Experience in sports working with professional front office, league operations and/or collegiate athletic department
- Experience with MPP technologies
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
- Experience with Hadoop and handling unstructured data sources
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top