Analyst, Business and Gameplay Insights
Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
We are seeking an Analyst, Business and Gameplay Insights to lead strategic analysis focused on optimization and evaluation of MLG operations. You will need to fundamentally understand key performance indicators from the perspectives of the league, the teams, the players and the casters.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- Slice through petabytes of data to find compelling and actionable business insights
- Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Stand before stakeholders, including senior leaders, to clearly communicate your strategic findings and recommendations
- Translate recommendations into efficient action plans for senior management and department leaders
- Keep abreast of industry trends and innovative developments
- Stay ahead of KPI and evaluation criteria for MLG and players
- Create the sabermetrics of MLG esports
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Gaming, Management Consulting, Product Management, Entertainment or Finance
- Experience in sports working with professional front office, league operations and/or collegiate athletic department
- Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions. Tireless advocate for the use of data to solve problems.
- Curiosity: Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Superior communications, presentation, and facilitation skills: must be able to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization.
- Capable of building highly functional and beautiful dashboards.
- Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective with storytelling using data and appropriate visualizations.
- Experience with MPP technologies
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
- Experience with Hadoop and handling unstructured data sources
- Passionate about competitive gaming and advanced metrics in sports (Sabermetrics, etc)
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top