Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch team seeks an animator ready to step up and breathe life into a menagerie of heroes for our newest gaming universe. Join the team creating Blizzard’s first first-person shooter (FPS) game which has enjoyed one of the most successful launches in our history.
In short, you’ll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly immersive game experience.
If you’re ready to tackle the challenge of helping build the world of Overwatch, we want to hear from you!
- Develop, maintain and create animations for real time game assets.
- Assist designers and engineers with gameplay prototypes.
- Work with lead animator to ensure timely completion of character assets at the desired quality bar.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques and reviews.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development animating characters using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles and how they can be used to enhance gameplay
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- A passion for video games
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a character animator
- Experience in FX and particle animation
- Outstanding 2D animation skills
- Cinematic or television animation experience
- Skill in one of more related disciplines – illustration, modeling, rigging or technical art
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top