The workforce analyst will ensure optimization of labor productivity in the CEC (Call Center) by doing in-depth analysis of call volume trends and forecasting staffing needs, managing day to day real time staff positioning and setting systematic schedules to ultimately drive labor efficiency.
Why work here?
For starters, Blinds.com is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got a demonstrably awesome 20-year track record. From our open-floor office to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving and having fun (we’re pretty serious about cake, cook-offs and ping pong). Most importantly, our team members are always inspired and ready for growth.
We merged with The Home Depot, the world’s #1 home improvement retailer, with $91 billion in revenue. That means we’ve got the resources and the runway to create truly magical, out-of-the-box work. Moreover, this position will play an important role in leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes and technology — ultimately to provide incredible customer experiences, while growing business for Blinds.com and The Home Depot. This is your chance to be part of something big.
Annnnnd, we’re also ranked as one of The Top 5 Workplaces in Texas and have consistently won the following awards: The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
Are you ready for this?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage long range and short range forecasting, working with marketing & finance to develop clear drivers of call volume
- Generate 2 week schedules and optimize staffing based on volume and production trends
- Manage systematic reporting around historical performance and convey future trends clearly
- Manage the organizational hierarchy database and maintain it for accurate reporting
- Maintain PTO/schedule change requests
- Make thoughtful recommendations to leadership around optimal staffing tactics (shift bids, temporary shift realignments etc.)
- 5+ years experience in a call center workforce optimization environment
- Advanced excel user
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Approachable, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Maintain occupancy above 85%
- Maintain Abandon Rates below 6%
- Forecast staffing needs within 10% variance
Blinds.com, based in Houston, Texas, is the largest online seller of blinds. The National Association for Business Resources named Blinds.com one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in the country.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried in an employee manual somewhere. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls. They come up constantly in conversation. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO.
- Experiment without fear
- Improve continuously
- Be yourself and speak up
- Enjoy the ride
General office environment with primary responsibilities being clerical/administrative. Standing and walking around the sales floor the majority of the time or seated at a desk. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate with no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is performed in the office environment, with standard office equipment.
Back to top