UX Designer - Contract
Global Custom Commerce / Home Depot is embarking on a new adventure. Although the company remains focused on dominating the entire blinds market, an effort is underway to develop a playbook to transform our business model to take on selling complex, hard-to-buy- products as well as improving customer experience. As a result, we are creating a dedicated team focused on this effort known as the Interconnected Retail Team.
This journey is exciting to us but definitely uncharted territory. We are looking for individuals who are comfortable with change, work well in ambiguous situations but are also willing to become pioneers to help us create a path to success. Although you will have core responsibilities defined in this job description, you will also be asked to step outside of the box to help out in other areas as needed (similar to working in a start-up company).
We are looking for a UX Designer who is ready to take a leap into unknown waters. The UX Designer acts as the user-advocate during the development process, designing solutions and offering suggestions from a customer’s perspective. The UX Designer is responsible for UX and UI requirements for multiple projects in the Interconnected Retail team.Duties and Responsibilities:
- 60% - Design elegant and thoughtful user experiences across multiple enterprise and customer-facing projects. The scope of this spans across the full user-centered design process: user research, testing, design, communication.
- 20% - Work hand-in-hand with IT Team to implement high-fidelity prototypes for web and mobile app experiences.
- 20% - Take on side projects including but not limited to: illustrations, print pieces, presentation collateral and infographics.
- BA/BS degree in human-computer interaction, design or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of working as a professional user experience designer.
- Experience working across several phases of product development.
- Experience designing across multiple types of devices, products, or services that combine hardware and software.
- Experience designing and developing responsive user interfaces with a mobile-first philosophy.
- Familiarity with modern front-end development process is a plus.
- A portfolio that showcases projects you’ve worked on, how you contributed to the projects, and the thinking behind the decisions you made.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in relevant field.
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy when necessary, balancing multiple needs.
- Must have proven track record of executing multiple tasks in a results-driven organization.
- Collaborator who can appropriately integrate constructive feedback into the design process.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
Meet Some of Blinds.com's Employees
It’s Katrina’s job to keep Blinds.com customers happy with beautiful window coverings. She fields customer phone calls and offers expert decorating advice for all kinds of home projects.
Back to top