Sr. Manager - UX
Sr. Manager UX- Interconnected Retail
Brand: Global Custom Commerce
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Corporate/Other
Global Custom Commerce is looking for a Sr. Manager UX who will lead our design team and work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, and other managers throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires a deep understanding of user-centered design methodologies, enterprise software, and an ability to simplify complex experiences. The ideal candidate must be able to drive design solutions with minimal direction and have a data-driven approach to design decisions for multiple projects in the Interconnected Retail team.
Why work here? Our entrepreneurial roots and maverick mentality, coupled with the resources and backing of the #1 home improvement retailer in the world, The Home Depot, is a unique opportunity for you to be a transformative retail disrupter. Plus, GCC is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got a demonstrably awesome 20-year track record. From our open-floor office to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving, and having fun (we’re pretty serious about cake, cook-offs, ping pong, meaningful work and exciting projects). Most importantly, our team members are always inspired, engaged, and ready for growth.
That means you’ll have the resources and the runway to create truly magical, out-of-the-box work. Moreover, you will play an important role in leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes, and technology — ultimately to provide incredible customer experiences, while growing business for GCC and The Home Depot. This is your chance to be part of something big, in a small start-up environment.
We’re ranked as one of The Top 5 Workplaces in Texas and have consistently won the following awards: The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
20% Lead a team of UX professionals
20% Design, plan, and conduct desktop and mobile usability tests and focus groups in “lab” and remote environments
20% Analyze software and software designs (web and mobile) for usability issues and work with developers and designers to define and implement solutions.
20% Present findings and recommendations verbally and through various media to management, stakeholders, and executives.
20% Field requests and questions from stakeholders and potential partners regarding the team’s facilities, capabilities, and services.
20% Create personas, wireframes, test plans, recommendations presentations, highlights reels, and other UX artifacts as needed
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position will report directly to the Director of Creative.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Familiarity with modern front-end development process is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Deep Subject Matter Expertise in a variety of Usability Research tools and methodologies
- Significant experience designing and conducting desktop and mobile-focused usability tests with usability research tools including recording and analysis software, eye tracking software, etc.
- Significant Experience in interaction design and information architecture
- Experience successfully managing a UX team
- Demonstrable experience creating solid deliverables with useful, actionable information
- Strong skills presenting UX findings and data in various formats (e.g., written reports, presentations, and highlight videos)
- Passionate about making websites and applications easier to use and accessible to all users
- Thorough, methodical, and creative with extreme attention to detail
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with an ability to communicate concepts and conclusions to a variety of audiences.
- Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and independently managing deadlines
- Very strong problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes and wireframes
- Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product
- Strong understanding of the equipment and software (e.g., Morae) used in a usability lab including the ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve related problems
- This position will be a busy one. Self-drive and a desire to work hard, cranking through a backlog and keeping up with multiple fast-paced teams is required.
Meet Some of Blinds.com's Employees
It’s Katrina’s job to keep Blinds.com customers happy with beautiful window coverings. She fields customer phone calls and offers expert decorating advice for all kinds of home projects.
Back to top