Social Media Video & Photography Intern
Calling all Social Media up and coming super stars! We are hiring a visual content intern to edit videos, create gorgeous Pinterest-worthy graphics and turn their hand at writing great social network-ready copy.
Can you edit video like nobody’s business? Do you live stream in your sleep and daydream about the ultimate lighting set up? Do you regularly have conversations with friends about your YouTube account and refuse to be embarrassed about how long you spent perfecting that last Instagram post?
We should meet! Our team is hard at work on some pretty cool video and graphics projects for our social accounts and need a trusty side kick to create how-to videos, document cultural events and showcase our amazing customers to the world.
Why work here? Blinds.com is the world’s largest online window covering company with a 20 year track record of awesomeness. From our cool office design to our cake celebrations to our culture of continuous improvement, you’ll come to work feeling inspired and ready to grow.
We are ranked as one of The Top 50 Workplaces in Texas and have won The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest awards for multiple years in a row.
Plus, we merged with The Home Depot, the #1 home improvement retailer in the world with $91 billion in revenue. This position will play an important role in growing both the Blinds.com and The Home Depot business by leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes, and technology to provide incredible customer experiences. Be a part of something big!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 30 hours / week in our Houston office, the Blinds.complex (it’s awesome, you’ll love it here)
- Video shoot and editing support for our social team – we have videography experts you can bounce ideas off of, but we’re looking for an intern that already lives and breathes this stuff!
- Facebook video and YouTube content uploading, sharing and optimization
- Pinterest content design and campaign support – you’ll make our pins shine like an Internet diamond!
- Blog post research, writing and image design for our company blogs
- Instagram photography, re-gramming projects and community engagement
- Support our PR team as a company culture documentarian, snapping ice cream party, dance offs and karaoke contests to help us tell our story online
- Various Marketing team assignments that may include Mod Podge, glitter, coffee runs, campaign brainstorming and other projects. Be ready to grow your brain!
- College student majoring in a rich media discipline with strong writing skills or majoring in English or Public Relations with strong multimedia skills
- Practical video and photo editing skills – strong, real world experience editing and creating in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop is a must.
- Experience shooting videos with iPhones and DSLRs - including basic lighting kit set up
- Must be comfortable researching and writing blog posts on assigned topics and sharing optimized content across multiple social networks. You come with writing chops and we’ll show you how to rock it from there.
- Experience and interest in Social Media beyond signing your mom up for Facebook, specifically:
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and try new things – the sky’s the limit!
- Bonus points for any active interest in all things home decorating or DIY projects
- Must have your own vehicle for occasional craft project outings and coffee runs
Outside of having a state-of-the-art office environment, your primary responsibilities are considered to be clerical/administrative. No pushing or pulling, but you may have to pull an occasional file from time to time. Our office environment is known to be quirky with lots of cake! The working environment is favorable with appropriate lighting and temperature. Your position is sedentary in nature and work is performed in an open, colorful, supportive, office environment. A Blinds.commer must live our four core values of Improving Continuously, Experimenting Without Fear, Being Yourself and Speaking Up, and Enjoying the Ride @ Blinds.com!
Back to top