Service Desk Specialist
The Service Desk (aka Help Desk) Technician is responsible for providing end-user support and customer service on company-supported computer applications and platforms. He/she troubleshoots problems and advises on the appropriate action. He/she will also follow-up to insure issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
Why work here?
For starters, Blinds.com is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got a demonstrably awesome 20-year track record. From our open-floor office to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving and having fun (we’re pretty serious about cake, cook-offs and ping pong). Most importantly, our team members are always inspired and ready for growth.
We merged with The Home Depot, the world’s #1 home improvement retailer, with $91 billion in revenue. That means we’ve got the resources and the runway to create truly magical, out-of-the-box work. Moreover, this position will play an important role in leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes and technology — ultimately to provide incredible customer experiences, while growing business for Blinds.com and The Home Depot. This is your chance to be part of something big.
Annnnnd, we’re also ranked as one of The Top 5 Workplaces in Texas and have consistently won the following awards: The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
Are you ready for this?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically, remotely
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Ticket entry (logging services issue using the provided help desk software tool)
- PC imaging
- Research questions using available information resources and advise user on appropriate action
- Prioritize service desk issues and assist with phone-related tickets and issues
- Identify, track and resolve problems and requests with the appropriate solution
- Prepare activity reports when requested
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Occasional provide end-user training
- Make recommendations to IT Operations personnel and assist with escalated issues as needed
- Assist with Active Directory and Exchange administration in relation to job duties
- Administration and configuration of VOIP or other telecommunication systems
- High school diploma required, college degree or A+ certification in a computer-related field of study or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years related experience preferred
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- Knowledge and experience of relevant call tracking applications of customer service practices
- Flexibility in working schedule – potential weekend coverage on a rotating basis
Blinds.com, based in Houston, Texas, is the largest online seller of blinds. The National Association for Business Resources named Blinds.com one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in the country.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried in an employee manual somewhere. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls. They come up constantly in conversation. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO.
- Experiment without fear
- Improve continuously
- Be yourself and speak up
- Enjoy the ride
General office environment with primary responsibilities being clerical/administrative. Standing and walking around the sales floor the majority of the time or seated at a desk. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate with no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is performed in the office environment, with standard office equipment.
Back to top