Senior Software Developer - Interconnected Retail
Why work here?
For starters, Blinds.com is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got a demonstrably awesome 20-year track record. From our open-floor office to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving and having fun (we’re pretty serious about cake, cook-offs and ping pong). Most importantly, our team members are always inspired and ready for growth.
We merged with The Home Depot, the world’s #1 home improvement retailer, with $91 billion in revenue. That means we’ve got the resources and the runway to create truly magical, out-of-the-box work. Moreover, this position will play an important role in leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes and technology — ultimately to provide incredible customer experiences, while growing business for Blinds.com and The Home Depot. This is your chance to be part of something big.
Annnnnd, we’re also ranked as one of The Top 5 Workplaces in Texas and have consistently won the following awards: The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
Are you ready for this?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help your team remain focused on launching new interconnected retail businesses and experiences
- Design and code features, tests and other application components on both the back end and the front end to meet the needs of the business
- Participate in high-level architecture and design activities as needed by the team
- Work with the PO and other team members to fully understand stories the team needs to deliver
- Work closely with developers across the enterprise to share experience and continuously improve our ability to deliver world-class applications quickly
- Willing to take responsibility for tactically leading efforts to drive stories to completion as part of the team
- Experience working on agile development teams involved in new product development
- Willing to work on legacy code as well as new code
- Very broad and deep application development skills. Primarily works hands-on with code.
- Experience using the .NET stack to deliver back-end web and service applications using C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL and an ORM
- Knowledge of Angular2 or React
- Passionate about delivering high quality solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with asynchronous message architectures in general.
- Familiarity with the architecture of e-commerce solutions at Blinds.com and/or The Home Depot is a plus
- Experience developing applications with NServiceBus a plus
- Experience optimizing the browser client experience a plus
- Experience with other server-side stacks (Node.js, Python, Java, PHP etc.) a plus
- Experience developing native or hybrid mobile applications for IOS and/or Android a plus
- Experience with NOSql databases (RavenDB, MongoDB etc.) a plus
Blinds.com, based in Houston, Texas, is the largest online seller of blinds. The National Association for Business Resources named Blinds.com one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in the country.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried in an employee manual somewhere. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls. They come up constantly in conversation. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO.
- Experiment without fear
- Improve continuously
- Be yourself and speak up
- Enjoy the ride
General office environment with primary responsibilities being clerical/administrative. Standing and walking around the sales floor the majority of the time or seated at a desk. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate with no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is performed in the office environment, with standard office equipment.
Meet Some of Blinds.com's Employees
UX Manager, Mobile
Ryan creates great customer experiences for the Blinds.com mobile website by learning about website visitor shopping habits and developing new tools to make it all happen.
Back to top