Senior IXD Designer
Are you obsessed with incredible design? Fantastic user experiences? Then read on…. The principal purpose of this role is to create, design and implement engaging interactive experiences for our customers. This role is responsible for the creation & delivery of design concepts, detailed wireframes, user scenarios, user requirements, user task analysis, mental models, & interaction design specifications. If you are chosen, you will collaborate cross-functionally with designers, copywriters and experience developers to ensure a cohesive message to our consumers. You will participate in UX research, persona development, and scenario modeling. Get ready to produce design concepts, annotated wireframes, interactive models, UX library contributions, and functional prototypes with methodologies that will transform linear UX thinking into a multidimensional customer experience.
Why work here?
Our entrepreneurial roots and maverick mentality, coupled with the resources and backing of the #1 home improvement retailer in the world, The Home Depot, is a unique opportunity for you to be a transformative retail disrupter. Plus, GCC is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got a demonstrably awesome 20-year track record. From our open-floor office to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving, and having fun (we’re pretty serious about cake, cook-offs, ping pong, meaningful work and exciting projects). Most importantly, our team members are always inspired, engaged, and ready for growth.
That means you’ll have the resources and the runway to create truly magical, out-of-the-box work. Moreover, you will play an important role in leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes, and technology — ultimately to provide incredible customer experiences, while growing business for GCC and The Home Depot. This is your chance to be part of something big, in a small start-up environment.
We’re ranked as one of The Top 5 Workplaces in Texas and have consistently won the following awards: The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO. We started with four core values crafted in GCC and we embrace eight additional core values from The Home Depot that we live everyday:
- Improve continuously
- Experiment without fear
- Be yourself and speak up
- Enjoy the ride
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Take care of our people
- Respect for all people
- Doing the right thing
- Building strong relationships
- Giving back
- Excellent customer service
- Creating shareholder value
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bring strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate conceptual ideas (business needs and user goals) into interaction and design solutions.
- Assess data from multiple sources such as product requirements, tech constraints, UX research, web analytics and synthesize it in order to develop efficient user scenarios, taxonomies, classification schemes, navigation systems, design patterns, etc.
- Create and effectively present UX deliverables including wireframes, workflows, prototypes and heuristic evaluations to explain and negotiate design solutions to key stakeholders.
- Develop competitive assessments and perform site heuristic reviews.
- Help define, request and incorporate relevant and recent UX research and data from customer feedback to appropriately inform design decisions and overall UX strategy.
- Help define UX performance metrics (error rate, abandon rate, average number of clicks, perceived easiness, etc.) for every project to track its success.
- Create, maintain and share project and library documentation and UX guidelines after project execution.
- Uphold UX guiding principles and style in project execution.
- Disseminate best practices across the UX organization.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience – 7
- Collaborative approach that brings good resolution decisions to tough design questions and issues.
- Strategic thinking while executing with great attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of overall web site design, including basic usability, industry standards, web analytics, e-comm, and branding.
- Experience with mobile responsive website design, development, and optimization Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to mobile-based applications.
- Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions - must have an intermediate understanding of major web analytics packages and SEO strategies.
- Strong self-management skills as well as ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-discipline team.
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Work extremely well collaboratively; take constructive criticism.
- Enjoy cake, pie, cupcakes, lollipops, king cake, ice cream, ping pong, shuffle board, karaoke, trivia games, mini golf…you get the picture. :-)
General office environment with primary responsibilities being clerical/administrative. Standing and walking around the sales floor the majority of the time or seated at a desk. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate with no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is performed in the office environment, with standard office equipment.
This role requires travel flexibility to our corporate office in Atlanta, GA, as well as to other destinations, for visits to vendors and stores, and for attending professional and business development conferences and trade-shows.
Meet Some of Blinds.com's Employees
It’s Katrina’s job to keep Blinds.com customers happy with beautiful window coverings. She fields customer phone calls and offers expert decorating advice for all kinds of home projects.
Back to top