Senior Front-End Developer (Web & Hybrid Mobile) - Interconnected Retail
Global Custom Commerce, Inc., a Home Depot company, is embarking on a new adventure into uncharted territory. Although the company remains focused on dominating the entire blinds market, an effort is underway to develop a playbook to transform our business model to take on selling complex, hard-to-buy products in-store, online and on the go for customers of the Home Depot and our other online properties. As a result, we have created a dedicated team focused on this effort known as the Interconnected Retail Team.
We are looking for individuals who are comfortable with change, work well in ambiguous situations and are willing to become pioneers to help us create a path to success. You will have core responsibilities defined in this job description, and you will be asked to step outside of the box to help in other areas as needed (like working in a start-up company). If the idea of launching new interconnected retail businesses for the largest home improvement retailer in the world excites you, this is the place for you.
Why work here?
For starters, Blinds.com is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got a demonstrably awesome 20-year track record. From our open-floor office to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving and having fun (we’re pretty serious about cake, cook-offs and ping pong). Most importantly, our team members are always inspired and ready for growth.
We merged with The Home Depot, the world’s #1 home improvement retailer, with $91 billion in revenue. That means we’ve got the resources and the runway to create truly magical, out-of-the-box work. Moreover, this position will play an important role in leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes and technology — ultimately to provide incredible customer experiences, while growing business for Blinds.com and The Home Depot. This is your chance to be part of something big.
Annnnnd, we’re also ranked as one of The Top 5 Workplaces in Texas and have consistently won the following awards: The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
Are you ready for this?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to a team focused on launching new interconnected retail businesses and experiences
- Design and code features, tests and other front-end web and hybrid mobile application components to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure that hybrid mobile applications work well across target platforms (Android and IOS)
- Ensure that front-end web applications work well on desktop and mobile for all target browsers
- Help other developers learn how to work on hybrid mobile applications
- Work closely with front-end developers across the enterprise to continuously improve our ability to deliver awesome front-end web and mobile experiences quickly
- Assist with the UX design of web and mobile applications
- Experience working on agile development teams involved in new product development
- Willing to work on legacy code as well as new code
- Very broad and deep application development skills. Primarily works hands-on with code.
- Experience developing hybrid mobile applications utilizing web front-end technologies, preferably with Apache Cordova and Ionic. Has delivered awesome, hybrid mobile applications that work on both Android and IOS using these technologies.
- Experience delivering automated testing of web and hybrid mobile applications.
- Passionate about delivering high quality front-end user experiences. Has experience assisting with UX design for mobile and web.
- Extensive knowledge of mobile UX standards
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the architecture of e-commerce solutions at Blinds.com and/or The Home Depot is a plus
- Mission Focused
- Passionate about software development
- Confident in speaking up and being yourself
- Innovative/Pioneering spirit
- Driven to deliver solutions that delight customers
- Passionate customer advocate
- Flexible, comfortable with change
- Quick learner, seeks out new skill sets required for success
Blinds.com, based in Houston, Texas, is the largest online seller of blinds. The National Association for Business Resources named Blinds.com one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in the country.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried in an employee manual somewhere. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls. They come up constantly in conversation. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO.
- Experiment without fear
- Improve continuously
- Be yourself and speak up
- Enjoy the ride
General office environment with primary responsibilities being clerical/administrative. Standing and walking around the sales floor the majority of the time or seated at a desk. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate with no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is performed in the office environment, with standard office equipment.
Meet Some of Blinds.com's Employees
It’s Katrina’s job to keep Blinds.com customers happy with beautiful window coverings. She fields customer phone calls and offers expert decorating advice for all kinds of home projects.
Back to top