Senior Front End Developer
Why work here?
Our entrepreneurial roots and maverick mentality, coupled with the resources and backing of the #1 home improvement retailer in the world, The Home Depot, is a unique opportunity for you to be a transformative retail disrupter. Plus, GCC is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got a demonstrably awesome 20-year track record. From our open-floor office to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving, and having fun (we’re pretty serious about cake, cook-offs, ping pong, meaningful work and exciting projects). Most importantly, our team members are always inspired, engaged, and ready for growth.
That means you’ll have the resources and the runway to create truly magical, out-of-the-box work. Moreover, you will play an important role in leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes, and technology — ultimately to provide incredible customer experiences, while growing business for GCC and The Home Depot. This is your chance to be part of something big, in a small start-up environment.
We’re ranked as one of The Top 5 Workplaces in Texas and have consistently won the following awards: The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO. We started with four core values crafted in GCC and we embrace eight additional core values from The Home Depot that we live everyday:
- Improve continuously
- Experiment without fear
- Be yourself and speak up
- Enjoy the ride
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Take care of our people
- Respect for all people
- Doing the right thing
- Building strong relationships
- Giving back
- Excellent customer service
- Creating shareholder value
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as the primary technical expert on Front-end development and coding standards for the marketing department.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, documents and tests user interfaces and system components of a medium to complex nature. Has knowledge of the major peripheral systems that work in conjunction with assigned applications.
- Responsible for partnering with IT as the lead point of contact within the business.
- Must be able to work multiple projects concurrently and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines
- Works with business unit and technical team to ensure changes are implemented according to specifications.
- Serves as a project leader and provides technical mentor to team and peers.
- Continues to enhance technical knowledge and capabilities to develop a comprehensive understanding of systems and technology.
- Responsible for establishing front-end/UI layer coding standards.
- Ensures appropriate company and departmental Change Control and operational procedures are followed for all production-related updates.
- Stay abreast of evolving industry and emerging trends & technologies
- Partner with lead UX designers to build a component and template library with incredible interactions.
- Fearlessly A/B test new design concepts.
- Take it as your personal mission to make the experience for our customers surprisingly easy and exciting.
- Continuously improve yourself and others around you.
- Contribute to the company vision by providing great ideas and feedback.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience – 6
- Experience with mobile responsive website design, development, and optimization.
- Experience with online testing software, specifically Adobe Target is a plus.
- Ability to code and troubleshoot for all major browsers.
- Ability to rapid working prototypes.
- Experience with GIT is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Work extremely well collaboratively; take constructive criticism.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must demonstrate exemplary organizational skills.
- Enjoy cake, pie, cupcakes, lollipops, king cake, peppermints, ice cream, macaroons….you get the picture. :-)
General office environment with primary responsibilities being clerical/administrative. Standing and walking around the sales floor the majority of the time or seated at a desk. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate with no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is performed in the office environment, with standard office equipment.
This role requires travel flexibility to our corporate office in Atlanta, GA, as well as to other destinations, for visits to vendors and stores, and for attending professional and business development conferences and trade-shows.
Meet Some of Blinds.com's Employees
UX Manager, Mobile
Ryan creates great customer experiences for the Blinds.com mobile website by learning about website visitor shopping habits and developing new tools to make it all happen.
Back to top