Search Marketing (PPC) Specialist
The Search Marketing Specialist will work on our pay per click (PPC) advertising and providing support measuring performance on our online marketing channels. The perfect candidate will be an analytical thinker who is curious and loves to experiment, taking pride in their work. Someone who has an exceptional attention to detail and a focus on driving results.
Why work here?
For starters, Blinds.com is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got a demonstrably awesome 20-year track record. From our open-floor office to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving and having fun (we’re pretty serious about cake, cook-offs and ping pong). Most importantly, our team members are always inspired and ready for growth.
We merged with The Home Depot, the world’s #1 home improvement retailer, with $91 billion in revenue. That means we’ve got the resources and the runway to create truly magical, out-of-the-box work. Moreover, this position will play an important role in leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes and technology — ultimately to provide incredible customer experiences, while growing business for Blinds.com and The Home Depot. This is your chance to be part of something big.
Annnnnd, we’re also ranked as one of The Top 5 Workplaces in Texas and have consistently won the following awards: The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
Are you ready for this?Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be a key player in our SEM team and will be working on a variety of exciting projects in a dynamic environment. Your duties may include but are not limited to:
- Daily account management of PPC, PLA and CSE campaigns on Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search platforms.
- Maintain and monitor keyword lists, bids, impression share and other important account metrics.
- Ad testing for text ads.
- Gather actionable data from our various sources and work with other team members to ensure consistent and continual optimization of campaigns.
- Assist in generating weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance reports, including ability to recognize and troubleshoot data anomalies.
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and research industry related media
- 2+ years of experience working with Paid Search (PPC) campaigns across sites like Google, Bing, and Yahoo (PPC, PLA, CSE etc.) with sizeable budgets in a retail or agency environment.
- Google AdWords Certified.
- Experience using Bid Management platforms like Marin/Kenshoo etc.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and find scalable solutions to challenging problems.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Experience working with Web analytics software like Google Analytics/Omniture.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all elements of Paid Search campaign management, including the tactics of search engine marketing and the tools used to implement them.
- Self-directed and able to work independently with minimum supervision while being a team player.
- Enthusiastic about Paid Search with the internal drive to improve continuously and keep up with the latest trends.
- Bonus points for
- Experience managing PLAs -Google Shopping, Bing Shopping, and Comparison Shopping Engines etc.
- Advanced Analytics skills with tools like Tableau, SQL etc.
- Native proficiency in Spanish.
Blinds.com, based in Houston, Texas, is the largest online seller of blinds. The National Association for Business Resources named Blinds.com one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in the country.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried in an employee manual somewhere. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls. They come up constantly in conversation. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO.
· Experiment without fear
· Improve continuously
· Be yourself and speak up
· Enjoy the rideWorking Conditions:
General office environment with primary responsibilities being clerical/administrative. Standing and walking around the sales floor the majority of the time or seated at a desk. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate with no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is performed in the office environment, with standard office equipment.
Meet Some of Blinds.com's Employees
UX Manager, Mobile
Ryan creates great customer experiences for the Blinds.com mobile website by learning about website visitor shopping habits and developing new tools to make it all happen.
Back to top