Instructional Content Developer
The Instructional Content Developer performs the full scope of activities required to design and develop learning programs for sales, customer service and corporate audiences. The Instructional Content Developer also manages the multimedia library used for learning purposes. Your ultimate goal is to help our employees and yourself “achieve more than they ever thought possible” by achieving, and ultimately exceeding, established goals and objectives.
Why work here?
For starters, Blinds.com is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got a demonstrably awesome 20-year track record. From our open-floor office to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving and having fun (we’re pretty serious about cake, cook-offs and ping pong). Most importantly, our team members are always inspired and ready for growth.
We merged with The Home Depot, the world’s #1 home improvement retailer, with $91 billion in revenue. That means we’ve got the resources and the runway to create truly magical, out-of-the-box work. Moreover, this position will play an important role in leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes and technology — ultimately to provide incredible customer experiences, while growing business for Blinds.com and The Home Depot. This is your chance to be part of something big.
Annnnnd, we’re also ranked as one of The Top 5 Workplaces in Texas and have consistently won the following awards: The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
Are you ready for this?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop interactive learning deliverables that engage learners and enhance learning retention
- Work closely and productively with Subject Matter Experts, Performance Specialists, and other business resources to acquire, refine and write/develop instructional content using adult learning principles
- Effectively incorporate learning-relevant multimedia elements into learning modules
- Develop storyboards into finished lessons through instructional writing, multimedia usage and aesthetic design
- Provide multimedia service and expertise to Training department
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in finished lessons
- Maintain positive business partnerships with effective communication to ensure and enhance the ongoing relevance of learning materials
- Maintain and oversee multimedia library for all team members
- Facilitate training sessions as needed
- Proactively seek out additional product, industry and process knowledge
- Minimum 3 years of instructional content development/instructional writing experience
- Minimum 2 years of multimedia/graphics expertise in corporate setting
- Knowledge of current and emerging instructional technologies and design
- Thrive in fast-paced work environments while managing shifting priorities
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook
- Work independently or within a team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Receptive to feedback and able to provide feedback
- Expertise using Adobe Photoshop
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud
- eLearning expertise with one or more major authoring tools; Adobe Captivate preferred
- Prior experience in telephone-based customer contact centers working with sales and customer service professionals preferred
Blinds.com, based in Houston, Texas, is the largest online seller of blinds. The National Association for Business Resources named Blinds.com one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in the country.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried in an employee manual somewhere. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls. They come up constantly in conversation. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO.
- Experiment without fear
- Improve continuously
- Be yourself and speak up
- Enjoy the ride
General office environment with primary responsibilities being clerical/administrative. Standing and walking around the sales floor the majority of the time or seated at a desk. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate with no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is performed in the office environment, with standard office equipment.
Meet Some of Blinds.com's Employees
UX Manager, Mobile
Ryan creates great customer experiences for the Blinds.com mobile website by learning about website visitor shopping habits and developing new tools to make it all happen.
Back to top