Inside Sales Design Consultant
We’re looking for only the best people in sales to join our team here at Global Custom Commerce, a Home Depot Company. We need sales people who ensure they’re experts in all the products they sell, who are passionate about exceeding their sales goals by providing amazing experiences for all their clients to build their repeat and referral business, and who sell by first building strong relationships and understanding their clients’ needs, then lending their product and design expertise to help customers complete their projects and achieve their dreams.
Our Inside Sales Design Consultants (DCs) work in an inbound, phone-based, consultative sales environment selling complex configurable window covering products to all types of customers looking to buy blinds, shades, and shutters as an investment in their homes. Window covering, or general design experience is a plus, but not required. Being a high-end, customer-focused, consultative sales individual with experience following up with numerous prospects and consistently exceeding million dollar annual quotas by providing the best customer experiences is required.
While in training, our new DCs earn $15/hr (~$30k base), and upon graduation from training (2-3 months max) they earn $10/hr + overtime (~$20-30k base) + performance-based compensation (PBC). More than half of our sales team made over $90,000 in 2017, and sales are projected to climb even higher in 2018!
Further, your variable compensation plan won’t be capped, so the sky’s the limit on how much you can earn working here. Our most successful Design Consultants see their job as their own business within our company, achieving success using their own individual tools and talents. Is this you? If so, let’s talk!
Why work here?
Our high-performance culture, entrepreneurial roots, and maverick mentality, coupled with the resources and backing of the #1 home improvement retailer in the world, The Home Depot, are a unique opportunity for you to be a transformative retail disrupter. Plus, GCC is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got an awesome 20-year track record as the category killer in custom window coverings. From our open-floor office to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving, and having fun at work. Most importantly, our associates are always inspired, engaged, and ready for growth.
That means you’ll have the resources to play an important role in leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes, and technology to provide incredible customer experiences while growing business for GCC and The Home Depot and bringing home great pay. This is your chance to be part of something big, in a small start-up environment.
We’re ranked as one of The Top 5 Workplaces in Texas and have consistently won the following awards: The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO. We started with four core values crafted at GCC, we embraced eight additional core values we gained from The Home Depot, and we strive to live them all every day:
- Improve continuously
- Experiment without fear
- Be yourself and speak up
- Enjoy the ride
- Excellent customer service
- Creating shareholder value
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Taking care of our people
- Respect for all people
- Doing the right thing
- Building strong relationships
- Giving back
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strong rapport and relationships with clients by connecting over the phone, fully learning the details of their project(s), sending samples, saving carts, and emailing quotes to narrow down to the best products that meet the customers’ needs
- Constantly learn through feedback with your dedicated Performance Specialist and sometimes share your inside sales design advice with your peers to help them continuously improve
- Multitask! Switch between multiple screens with different merchandise, order information, and SalesForce, while interacting live with clients over the phone
- Oversee your performance-based compensation by meeting or exceeding standards in key performance revenue metrics
- Meet with your Performance Specialist regularly to set high revenue, close rate, and quality goals for yourself and strive to exceed them
- Be a constant ambassador of our core values and mission statement to help people become better than they ever believed possible!
- Tech-savvy skills such as navigating between multiple systems on multiple screens, typing quickly and accurately, and using various software programs like the Microsoft Office Suite and SalesForce
- Ability to empathize and actively listen to clients’ wants and needs, connect and communicate the best product option to win the business
- Prior experience managing a client list and a record of success in a consultative customer-centric sales environment
- Passion for providing clients with amazing customer service experiences, giving advice on the best solution to unique project needs, and winning the business!
- Prior experience using SalesForce CRM
- Window coverings industry experience and product knowledge
- Proven success exceeding million dollar quotas in previous sales roles
- Interior design or other design-focused experience in any industry
General office working environment is favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate with no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is performed in the office environment or from a home office setting, with standard office equipment.
Meet Some of Blinds.com's Employees
It’s Katrina’s job to keep Blinds.com customers happy with beautiful window coverings. She fields customer phone calls and offers expert decorating advice for all kinds of home projects.
Back to top