Inside Sales Consultant (Design Consultant)
What The Role Entails:
Do you love the experience of pairing customers with a product that turns their home into a work of art – and get paid handsomely as if you’ve sold a Picasso? If so, then you’ve come to the right gallery.
61% of our business comes from repeat or referred customers, so this is an inside sales role. You will be the friendly voice to help them find a creative solution. Customers will keep calling you back because they love seeking your advice to decorate and design every room in their homes. Reach for new heights while seeking to continuously improve all phases of your inside sales approach to “WOW” every single person you interact with.
Don’t worry if you don’t know much about blinds. We’ll develop you through an extensive paid training program and pair you up with a specialist (sales coach) who will mentor you and grow you further.
Best of all? You’re in control of your Performance-Based Compensation potential. Top Inside Sales Consultants (Design Consultants) have earned $100,000+ in their first year.
Why work here?
For starters, Blinds.com is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got a demonstrably awesome 20-year track record. From our open-floor office to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving and having fun (we’re pretty serious about cake, cook-offs and ping pong). Most importantly, our team members are always inspired and ready for growth.
We recently merged with The Home Depot, the world’s #1 home improvement retailer, with $91 billion in revenue. That means we’ve got the resources and the runway to create truly magical, out-of-the-box work. Moreover, this position will play an important role in leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes and technology — ultimately to provide incredible customer experiences, while growing business for Blinds.com and The Home Depot. This is your chance to be part of something big.
Annnnnd, we’re also ranked as one of The Top 5 Workplaces in Texas and have consistently won the following awards: The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
Are you ready for this?What You Will Do:
- Develop positive client relationships by connecting over the phone, sending samples, saving carts and emailing quotes to narrow down to the best products that meet their needs
- Bond with your supportive teammates by sharing design tips and tidbits of inside sales and design advice in order to continuously improve
- Multitask! Switch between multiple screens, input the correct information and consult with customers, all while wearing your fancy art curator glasses
- Oversee your performance-based compensation by meeting or exceeding performance standards in key performance metrics
- Meet with your skills coach to set professional, measurable goals for yourself and strive to attain and exceed them
- Be a constant ambassador of our core values and mission statement by providing great ideas and feedback
- Perform other duties as required by Management
- Prior sales experience from any industry. Experience in clienteling will get you bonus points!
- Tech-savvy skills such as navigating between multiple screens on multiple monitors, typing quickly and accurately, and using various software programs like the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to empathize and actively listen to clients’ wants and needs
- Punctuality and adhering to the work schedule
- Openness to coaching and feedback
- Passion for providing all customers with the best solution to their unique project needs
- Yourself! Tell us about your hobbies, interests, and goals. Do you share our core values?
Blinds.com, based in Houston, Texas, is the largest online seller of blinds. The National Association for Business Resources named Blinds.com one of the Best and Brightest Companies To Work For® in the country.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried in an employee manual somewhere. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls. They come up constantly in conversation. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO.
- Experiment without fear
- Improve continuously
- Be yourself and speak up
- Enjoy the ride
Back to top