Digital Marketing Analyst
Our marketing lab is in need of another scientist! If you are an analytical thinker who is curious and loves to experiment, than this may be the job for you. The Digital Marketing Analyst will report to the Director of Digital Marketing and provide analytic support to the entire team (paid search, natural search, digital display, lifecycle etc) with meaningful insights that result in continued growth in each channel.
Do you like big, hairy challenges? How about tackling multi-channel attribution or customer-lifecycle mapping. The perfect candidate will be a strategic thinker, with exceptional attention to detail and a focus on driving results. Leading through influence, you will creatively solve problems based on data. Not just mad-scientist, Analyst needs to be able to communicate quantitative results in a clear and concise manner to a less technical audience.
Why work here?
For starters, Blinds.com is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got a demonstrably awesome 20-year track record. From our open-floor office to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving and having fun (we’re pretty serious about cake, cook-offs and ping pong). Most importantly, our team members are always inspired and ready for growth.
We merged with The Home Depot, the world’s #1 home improvement retailer, with $91 billion in revenue. That means we’ve got the resources and the runway to create truly magical, out-of-the-box work. Moreover, this position will play an important role in leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes and technology — ultimately to provide incredible customer experiences, while growing business for Blinds.com and The Home Depot. This is your chance to be part of something big.
Annnnnd, we’re also ranked as one of The Top 5 Workplaces in Texas and have consistently won the following awards: The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
Are you ready for this?
If you live and breathe continuous improvement and think that this sounds like an exciting career path that you’re ready jump onto, give us a shout and let us know more about you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the digital marketing team in providing insightful analytics that result in increasing visitor traffic to our various web properties and improves ROI of advertising channels.
- Work closely with Paid-search (aka SEM or PPC), SEO, Display and Lifecycle channel-managers, as well as agency partners, to support channel growth and optimization.
- Develop automated reporting that supports transparency and democratization of data.
- Collaborate with internal Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Enterprise Data Warehouse teams to share insights and develop internal analytic capabilities.
- Lead the way in helping us develop more advanced attribution methodologies to better understand our customer journey and improve spend allocations.
- Leverage CRM (and other) data to inform improvements to our customer lifecycle management.
- Serve as Digital-analytics subject matter expert within company. Speak up and share thought leadership internally (and at industry events/conferences).
- Have fun. Experiment without fear. Be awesome.
- 3+ years’ experience, with a demonstrable track-record, leveraging data analytics in driving digital marketing success “in-house” or at a digitally-savvy agency. Ecommerce experience a big plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of performance marketing, conversion optimization, and online customer acquisition.
- Ninja-level expertise with Excel and web-analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics (aka Omniture).
- Proficiency working within Paid-search (aka SEM or PPC) requiring hands-on experience with Google Ad-words and bid-management platforms such as Marin, Kenshoo or eSV.
- Experience working to develop advanced attribution methodologies as well as working with CRM data and providing insightful analytics to support customer lifecycle marketing.
- Proven skills in being able to articulate and communicate data-driven insights and strategies both verbally and in writing (long-form and Powerpoint) to colleagues and senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and influence cross-functional teams without formal authority (this is a key position of influence; however there are no direct-reports).
- Highly-refined project management and prioritization skills to manage multiple work streams and remain focused on what matters.
- Not required, but extra points for:
- A passion for data-visualization (we use Tableau)
- Experience with tag-management (Ensighten)
- Advanced Ping Pong skills
Develop and support insightful analytic capabilities that result in:
- Increase in quality traffic to our various web properties
- Improved return on investment for paid advertising channels
- Further our understanding of channel attribution
Blinds.com, based in Houston, Texas, is the largest online seller of blinds. The National Association for Business Resources named Blinds.com one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in the country.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried in an employee manual somewhere. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls. They come up constantly in conversation. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO.
- Experiment without fear
- Improve continuously
- Be yourself and speak up
- Enjoy the ride
General office environment with primary responsibilities being clerical/administrative. Standing and walking around the sales floor the majority of the time or seated at a desk. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate with no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is performed in the office environment, with standard office equipment.
Meet Some of Blinds.com's Employees
UX Manager, Mobile
Ryan creates great customer experiences for the Blinds.com mobile website by learning about website visitor shopping habits and developing new tools to make it all happen.
Back to top