Customer Service Specialist
What We Want:
Have you ever wondered what a day in the life of a superhero was like? To think with lightning speed and accuracy solving seemingly impossible dilemmas? If you’re ready to dust the cobwebs off your cape and be the hero that others aspire to be, we have a life-changing opportunity for you!
Blinds.com is searching for their next customer-oriented champions to resolve customer issues with superb accuracy and efficiency. As you uphold our sky-high level of service excellence, you’ll make it surprisingly easy for customers to shout “WOW” and continue to do business with us. Our Customer Service Specialists make a difference in the lives of our customers by keeping their needs first and turning difficult situations into positive interactions.
Don’t worry if you don’t know much about blinds. We’ll develop you through an extensive paid training program and pair you up with a Service Coach who will continuously mentor and grow your skills further.
Best of all? You’re in control of your Performance-Based Compensation potential. Top Customer Service Specialists have earned over $65,000 in their first year by continuously providing those “WOW” experiences.
Why work here?
For starters, Blinds.com is the world’s largest online window covering company, and we’ve got a demonstrably awesome 20-year track record. From our open-floor office to our open-door ethos, our culture is rooted in improving, evolving and having fun (we’re pretty serious about cake, cook-offs and ping pong). Most importantly, our team members are always inspired and ready for growth.
We recently merged with The Home Depot, the world’s #1 home improvement retailer, with $91 billion in revenue. That means we’ve got the resources and the runway to do truly magical, out-of-the-box work. Moreover, this position will play an important role in leveraging our culture, people, systems, processes and technology — ultimately to provide incredible customer experiences, while growing business for Blinds.com and The Home Depot. This is your chance to be part of something big.
Annnnnd, we’re also ranked as one of The Top 10 Workplaces in Texas and have consistently won the following awards: The Best Place to Work in Houston (Houston Business Journal), Houston’s Top Workplaces (Houston Chronicle) and Houston’s Best and Brightest.
Are you ready for this?
What you will do:
- Bring your can-do attitude to inbound customer calls and use your problem-solving skills to deliver the right solution
- Multitask! Switch between multiple screens, input the correct information, and consult with customers, all while thinking of innovative ways to continuously provide that sky-high level of service
- Serve as a first level of contact regarding customer service inquiries and issues
- Act as a liaison between customers and vendors
- Assist with orders, errors, product and policy questions, cancellations, and other queries
- Be in control of your own performance-based compensation by meeting and exceeding customer service performance standards in key performance metrics
- Bond with your colleagues by sharing clues, evidence and tidbits of customer service advice in order to continuously improve
- Meet with your coach to set professional, measurable goals for yourself and strive to attain and surpass them
- Be a constant ambassador of our core values and mission statement by providing great ideas and feedback
- Perform other duties as required by Leadership
What you bring to the table:
- Prior customer service experience in the window covering, interior design, or retail industries can be helpful, but not required. Show us your empathy!
- Computer-savvy skills such as navigating between multiple screens, typing quickly and accurately, and using various software programs like the Microsoft Office Suite. Skills with a magnifying lens are welcome but not required.
- Ability to talk AND listen through strong verbal and written communication skills
- Punctuality and adhering to the work schedule
- Openness to coaching and feedback
- Passion for providing all customers with the right solution to their unique situation
- Yourself! Tell us about your hobbies, interests, and goals. Do you share our core values?
- Flexibility in scheduling is a must! We are available for our customers on weekdays from 7 am to 10 pm CT and weekends from 9 am to 6 pm CT to service all time zones
What we are like:
Blinds.com, based in Houston, Texas, is the largest online seller of blinds. The National Association for Business Resources named Blinds.com one of the Best and Brightest Companies To Work For® in the country.
We’re not your traditional “contact center” environment as we love bringing our quirky, original selves to work. Since we serve customers through a variety of mediums, oftentimes we interact through phones, emails, live chat, and even out on the social web.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried in an employee manual somewhere. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls. They come up constantly in conversation. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO.
- Experiment without fear
- Improve continuously
- Be yourself and speak up
- Enjoy the ride
Meet Some of Blinds.com's Employees
It’s Katrina’s job to keep Blinds.com customers happy with beautiful window coverings. She fields customer phone calls and offers expert decorating advice for all kinds of home projects.
Back to top