Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through Team Stream™, the top-rated smartphone and tablet app. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Bleacher Report is looking for a Strategy Manager to help define and measure progress towards business goals for specific initiatives. You will work with senior leadership from across the organization (strategy, operations, business development, content, etc.) to determine what is working vs. not working. You will play an involved/supportive role in some initiatives and a leading role in others.
- Under the supervision of the Sr. Director of Strategy, you will assist with various projects, including (but not limited to) strategic management offsite planning and facilitation, evaluation of new opportunities, communication with external partners or Turner execs, and more.
- Perform market research to support strategic opportunities under evaluation (market sizing, competitive analyses, SWOT analyses, etc.)
- Work closely with senior leadership to evaluate new opportunities, measure success/failure of existing initiatives, and tell the story of a particular strategic initiative in visual form (keynote/PowerPoint) to be communicated internally or externally.
- Communicate consistently/effectively with other members of the internal team whose departments would benefit from the strategic project you are working on. Understand and interpret the business impact (benefit) of pursuing the initiative(s) you are evaluating.
- At least 3-4 years (or more) work experience in strategy/operations, consulting, finance, tech, media, or other related field
- Ability to tell a compelling business story through visual/professional mediums (should be a Keynote and PowerPoint guru!) and communicate finished product effectively (verbally / written)
- Experience building business cases and simple financial models; ability to perform analysis on and uncover insights from data
- Ability to own a project independently start-to-finish AND communicate thoroughly throughout scope of project
- Solid understanding of digital/mobile/social media space and of relevant sports media properties (B/R and others); proven interest in the direction the space is heading
- College degree required
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of Bleacher Report's Employees
Senior Product Manager
As Senior Product Manager, Art works with the Engineering, Design, and Business Development Teams to brainstorm and build new features and products for the Bleacher Report site.
Back to top