Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through Team Stream™, the top-rated smartphone and tablet app. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Since being acquired by Turner in 2012, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant startup culture. We work in a fast paced, 24-7 field in a laid back environment (those who do not want to work nights and weekends need not apply). You'll also be in a role that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks.
About the role:
As a Writer, you will report and write several topical stories per week to drive audience around high-value, general interest sports content. You will be tasked with creating high-traffic stories through social platforms that spark conversation. You will also have the opportunity to write and travel for occasional deep-dive features. Writers will work closely with the Senior Editor, the Programming department and the Special Projects team to continuously brainstorm distinctive ideas for original content based on what's trending in the intersection of sports, news and sports-culture.
- Strong knowledge of a wide variety of sports
- Bachelors degree in Journalism or English highly preferred
- 2 years of journalism experience at college level or 1 year at professional level
- Ability to write quickly and follow AP style of news reporting
- Ability to incorporate media into written content (pictures, videos, tweets, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to changing protocols for publishing
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and various social media devices
- Ability to communicate effectively and have strong organizational skills
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
Meet Some of Bleacher Report's Employees
Senior Product Manager
As Senior Product Manager, Art works with the Engineering, Design, and Business Development Teams to brainstorm and build new features and products for the Bleacher Report site.
Back to top