Senior Programmer, House of Highlights
House of Highlights is shaping the conversation around sports. HoH is not just a content voice, but a distinctive personality that reflects, celebrates and amplifies youth culture. It is not just a social influencer: it actually influences behavior by fueling viral movements, as seen with the #DriveByDunkChallenge, the Running Man Challenge, and many more. What makes HoH so unique? The relatable, personal delivery feels as if @houseofhighlights is having a conversation with you and your friends. Join Steph Curry, Lebron James, Nicki Minaj, Kevin Hart, and milliions of others and follow the action @HouseofHighlights on Instagram.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Content Programmer with a strong knowledge/understanding of social media to join our new House of Highlights team! As gatekeeper of the HoH brand, the HoH Programming team will be responsible for driving deeper interaction, engagement, and connection with HoH’s increasing follower base on Instagram. Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in setting the tone, look and feel of HoH’s social distribution, with a focus on YouTube
- Work closely with programmers in charge of HoH to ensure voice is accurate across distribution channels
- Write copy for headlines and captions and work in real time to ensure voice remains in line with internal programming strategy guide
- Program HoH YouTube channel with written and package content based on strategy guide
- Use quick editorial judgment on news, developing storylines and trending headlines
- Follow style guide closely to ensure engaging hooks/captions across all platforms
- Communicate internally and make real-time programming decisions
- Assist in sourcing relevant, user-generated content with potential for virality
- Incredibly knowledgable about the social media landscape
- Must have high proficiency with all social media platforms, especially Instagram and YouTube
- Strong knowledge/understanding of all major sports ("generalist") with a particularly strong framework around basketball and the NBA
- Proven experience creating relevant sports or other content for YouTube, Instagram and other social media channels
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Assists on strategy projects at a smaller team level
- 1-2 years of internship or professional work in sports media
- Proven working experience in related, liberal arts-specific field
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced, 24-7 field in a laid back environment (those who do not want to work nights and weekends need not apply).
Bachelor’s degree with focus in related field such as journalism, sports management, media studies
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
Meet Some of Bleacher Report's Employees
Senior Director of Sales Operations
KT works hand-in-hand with the Sales and Marketing Teams to streamline daily initiatives and provide support where needed to make sure people and teams can succeed.
Back to top