Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through Team Stream™, the top-rated smartphone and tablet app. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Since being acquired by Turner in 2012, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant startup culture. We work in a fast paced, 24-7 field in a laid back environment (those who do not want to work nights and weekends need not apply). You'll also be in a role that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks.
About the role:
The social media editor will work on a team of designers and content creators to conceptualize and produce social media content . Reporting to the Senior Manager, this position will coordinate innovative daily social executions that leverage all of B/R’s content producing arms while also breaking new ground and delivering new types of social experiences. This person should be a visual first content consumer and should constantly be thinking creatively about how we tell stories that make sense for a phone-first generation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate production and publishing of social media content. Projects are generally complex in responsibility and/or manages multiple projects simultaneously in conjunction with other departments.
- Manage production processes such as: assignment docs, managing resources, budgets and assignments, communicating with production and outside BR departments, advanced planning and billing. Establishes new processes, procedures and methods that improve production outcomes.
- Provide creative support to designers and freelance creators to ensure they are meeting production deadlines and deliverables.
- 3-5 years experience managing social media accounts at a digital publisher
- Strong track record of creating viral content across Vine, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Deep understanding of current and emerging social networks
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
Meet Some of Bleacher Report's Employees
Senior Product Manager
As Senior Product Manager, Art works with the Engineering, Design, and Business Development Teams to brainstorm and build new features and products for the Bleacher Report site.
Back to top