Business Development & Strategy Manager
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry- leading fan experience on mobile devices through Team Stream™, the top-rated smartphone and tablet app. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on [email protected]. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Bleacher Report is looking for a Business Development & Strategy Manager to help establish, manage, and measure the success of partnerships towards Bleacher Report’s business goals. You will work with senior leadership from across the organization (strategy, content, programming, product, etc) to determine where partnerships can add value across functions. You will play an involved/supportive role in some initiatives and a leading role in others.
Under the supervision of the Sr. Director of Business Development, you will assist with various projects including evaluation of new partnership opportunities, collaboration with internal and external contacts to implement and optimize new partnerships, management of existing relationships, and more.
You will stay current on industry trends, landscape changes, and competitor moves in order to surface new potential partnership opportunities for Bleacher Report to consider.
You will use market research and basic financial modeling to assess new opportunities.
You will tell the story of particular partnerships and other team strategic initiatives in clear and compelling visual form (keynote/PowerPoint) to be communicated internally or externally.
You will communicate consistently and effectively with other members of the organization (across all levels) whose departments are directly involved or otherwise impacted by partnerships and other team strategic initiatives. You will understand and interpret the potential risks and rewards of partnerships under consideration across all functions of the organization.
You will bring in new partnership management best practices and processes, and help improve the Business Development team’s operations overall.
At least 4-5 years (or more) work experience in business development, strategy/operations, consulting, tech, media, or other related field
Strong business acumen; ability to react and adapt quickly to changes in priorities, goals, and targets
Proven success record when performance has been evaluated directly on impact to KPI's; data-driven
- Ability to build and articulate in verbal and written form compelling business cases and rationale for opportunities to drive internal consensus and attain organizational support and resourcing
- Ability to present opportunities and results through visual/professional mediums (should be a Keynote and PowerPoint guru!) and present finished product effectively to audiences of multiple levels
- Experience building business cases and simple financial models; ability to perform analysis on and uncover insights from data
- Adept at negotiating sound commercial agreements and possesses a solid understanding of contracts including licensing agreements
- Strong project management skills (detail-oriented); ability to move multiple proactive initiatives forward, and manage several reactive deliverable responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to own a project independently start-to- finish and to communicate thoroughly throughout scope of project; thrives on the opportunity to hold direct accountability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be personable yet persistent
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical, creative, and business-oriented individuals
- Solid understanding of digital/mobile/social media space and of relevant sports media properties (BR and others); proven interest in the direction the space is heading, current on industry trends and competitive landscape
- comScore, Google Analytics, Crowdtangle, Keynote, Excel
- College degree required
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of Bleacher Report's Employees
Senior Director of Sales Operations
KT works hand-in-hand with the Sales and Marketing Teams to streamline daily initiatives and provide support where needed to make sure people and teams can succeed.
Back to top