Backend Engineer (Elixir)
Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports – creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive Bleacher Report app. Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through Instagram @BleacherReport.
As a division of Turner, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant startup culture. We work in a fast paced, 24-7 field in a laid back environment (those who do not want to work nights and weekends need not apply). You'll also be in a role that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks.
- You will build and launch new features and services for the Bleacher Report platform using Elixir and Phoenix
- You will work closely with Product Managers to understand requirements and come up with solutions
- You will learn the challenges of operating and maintaining a high-volume site
- You will deploy code weekly
- You will work closely with a top-notch engineering team
- 1+ years solid experience developing Elixir applications
- 1+ years solid experience developing Ruby on Rails applications
- Minimum 3 years track record of successful application development and implementation
- Disciplined approach to software development, Test Driven Development, and Agile methodology
- Experience with microservices or SOA concepts
- Ability to work on features independently
- Aggressive at refactoring / rewriting old code for efficiency and scalability
- Ability to work across engineer teams to develop services
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with other languages/technologies
- Worked on a high-traffic website or platform, general optimization and scalability skills
- Understanding of SQL tuning and optimization techniques
- Contributions to the open-source community
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
Meet Some of Bleacher Report's Employees
Senior Director of Sales Operations
KT works hand-in-hand with the Sales and Marketing Teams to streamline daily initiatives and provide support where needed to make sure people and teams can succeed.
Back to top