Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that's exactly what we're doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content - which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep - helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. Black Spectacles is a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America's Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we're expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We're on the hunt for freelance licensed architects who are eager to help aspiring architects get licensed.
This remote position involves helping aspiring architects overcome common struggle areas on the ARE 5.0 exams via virtual workshops. Our weekly workshops enable participants to study smarter under the direction of an expert guide (you!). We'll provide training and lesson plans. Then you'll put your communication and mentorship skills to use leading virtual sessions focused on a specific exam division.
You'll guide the group through carefully crafted exercises, facilitate discussion, clarify difficult concepts, and offer advice for tackling the exams with confidence. You'll also address follow up questions on our online discussion forum, the Black Spectacles ARE Community. Ultimately, you'll play a huge role in our mission to support aspiring architects on their paths to licensure.
Our ideal workshop instructors
- Must be a Licensed Architect by NCARB
- Have reliable computer and internet access
- Have used Black Spectacles products to prepare for the ARE
- Are actively practicing architecture
- Have experience as either a coach or instructor
- Can commit to roughly 6-8 hours of work per month
- Have achieved licensure within the past 1-5 years
- Sunday availability
- Paid position
- Work from wherever policy
- Empower aspiring architects to achieve licensure- making a meaningful impact on the profession
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.