Head of Engineering - Remote
- Chicago, IL
Are you known for your ability to execute with a high degree of expediency and accuracy, and an analytical person comfortable taking the lead? If so, Black Spectacles' Head of Engineering role may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow in your career!
At Black Spectacles, we're a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content - which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep - helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America's Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we're expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We're on the hunt for a Head of Engineering to manage and scale our technology team.
- Develop Technology Leadership & Strategy (what technology should we use and why)
- Understand and contribute to the development of Product Strategy
- Recruit, manage and mentor/coach our technology team
- Develop our Technology Culture: ie, standards and processes, and ensure their adherence
- Develop goals for the team and work to ensure they achieve them
- Manage workload for the dev team & ensure they hit their quality and deadline goals
Back to top