Vice President, Trading
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
The Equity Trading team is part BlackRock's Trading and Liquidity Strategies Group and is responsible for executing equity and equity derivative orders in APAC. This includes substantial volumes of cash equities, CFDs, and listed and OTC derivatives. The desk supports a variety of internal investment teams, including Fundamental, Scientific, Global Macro and market neutral hedge funds, long only funds, ETFs, Index funds and Transition Management.
- Provide 'best execution' across a range of equity instruments for all of BlackRock's internal businesses
- Support trading desk to help manage orders and trade flow in a logical, risk-controlled manner with a high sensitivity to fiduciary responsibilities
- Monitor market activity in areas of specialisation and provide feedback to portfolio managers
- Support investment teams in terms of information flow, trade ideas and data requests
- Deal with day-to-day administrative issues in support of trading activities and liaison with trading operations
- Pro-actively contribute to the investment process to both reduce transaction costs and identify alpha opportunities
- Working with internal IT and analytics groups to develop systems, analytics and coordinate trading activity
- Ad hoc project work
- Degree(s) in relevant subject such as economics, mathematics, engineering, physical science. CFA qualification/part qualification would be an advantage
- 5+ years of relevant trading experience
- Strong quantitative skills
- First rate understanding of the liquidity and microstructure of APAC equity markets
- Experience in trading derivatives (futures and options) would be a benefit
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners and stakeholders
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to market challenges
- Excellent analytical skills applied in a practical environment
- Well organised, disciplined approach to work with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong work ethic with high level of self-motivation
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top