Vice President, Index Client Strategy
BlackRock's diverse platform of active (security selection, dynamic asset allocation) and index (cap-weighted and factor-based smart beta) investment strategies across asset classes enables the firm to tailor investment outcomes and asset allocation solutions for clients. Product offerings include single- and multi-asset class portfolios investing in equities, fixed income, alternatives and money market instruments.
Products are offered directly and through intermediaries in a variety of vehicles, including open-end and closed end mutual funds, iShares® exchange-traded funds ("ETFs"), separate accounts, collective investment funds and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers the BlackRock Solutions® investment and risk management technology platform, Aladdin®, risk analytics and advisory services and solutions to a broad base of institutional investors.
ETF & Index Investments Business:
BlackRock's ETF & Index Investments Business manages $2.5 trillion in global index equity assets across US Equities, Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs.
This includes BlackRock's iShares product line, the leading provider of ETFs in the world, with over $1 trillion in assets under management. With a global footprint, strong client orientation and an innovative product range, iShares was the industry's number one in flows in 2015 with $130 billion, a 13% organic asset growth rate, and reached a five-year high in flow market share in excess of 40%. Through the flagship U.S. and EMEA product lines, iShares operates over 800 ETFs, the broadest range of ETF investment options, offering exposure to virtually the entire investable universe, from the most essential to the deepest niche; and our funds are equally accessible to institutions, advisers and individuals. Product lines provide efficient exposure across equities, fixed income, real estate and commodities, as well as strategies such as smart beta and sustainable investing.
The Index and ETF Investments Business also oversees over $1.4 trillion in Index Equity funds (mutual funds, pooled funds, segregated mandates) and offers index equity investors the industry's broadest array of investment choices. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors. The Index Equity Portfolio Management team has primary offices in San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo.
As a senior strategist for the Index Strategy team in Hong Kong, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Institutional Index business growth. He/she will be responsible for maintaining deep relationships with their clients and delivering the best of EII and BlackRock. The team coordinates closely with other BlackRock investment and distribution teams to deliver holistic solutions to meet each Institutional Client's unique needs.
The responsibilities of the Strategy team span product development, research, client service, product positioning, reporting and education primarily for EII's commingled fund and separate account offerings. This individual will support domestic equities, international equities, real estate equities, commodities, and Smart Beta strategies across both Institutional and iShares channels.
- Work closely with business leaders within EII and across BlackRock in order to identify commercial opportunities and deliver the full power of BlackRock to its clients
- Develop and maintain consultative relationships with large pension, foundation, and endowment clients and prospects.
- Provide ongoing client service and support to EII's global internal and external clients. This will consist of hosting client meetings in the office as well as business travel.
- Provide advice, pricing and support for EII's existing clients as well as prospective clients.
- Advise clients on all aspects of portfolio strategy including portfolio management, trading, transitions, securities lending. Articulate competitive advantage to clients.
- Assist in the development of new product ideas.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of product marketing materials, client presentations and customized analyses that articulate strategy objectives.
- Build relationships with other BlackRock teams in order to support the EII business including other teams of product specialist, distribution channels, and operational teams as needed.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, similar field or relevant experience. CFA or MBA recommended.
- 7+ years executive experience at a top financial institution, preferably within a large, integrated investment management firm in a client facing capacity
- Demonstrated successful business development/client service in an institutional setting
- The ability to build strong relationships with diverse sets of clients
- Ability to navigate, collaborate, and mobilize resources within large, complex financial services organizations
- Deep familiarity with asset management firms – landscape, investment process, buying behavior, decision makers, competitors, and regulatory environment
- Experience and success in working with large, multi-strategy and multi-channel distribution platforms
- Outstanding ability to influence and lead effectively across regions, functions and teams without direct authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a requirement.
- Fluency in Mandarin
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top