Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Head of RQA- Taiwan (VP level)
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Risk Management group at BlackRock Investment Management (Taiwan) Limited is responsible for ensuring that all applicable risks pertaining to BlackRock Investment Management (Taiwan) Limited are monitored and managed at all times. The Risk Manager will be based in Taipei and will be a part of BlackRock's Global Risk and Quantitative Analysis group, which comprises approx. 250 risk professionals. The role has full oversight responsibility for all aspects of risk management and leverages the broader RQA resources in this regard.
The responsibilities of the risk management function include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adapting the global BlackRock Risk Management framework within BlackRock Investment Management (Taiwan) Limited to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. This includes coverage of all aspects of risk including: enterprise risk and investment risk.
- Chairing of the Taiwan Risk Committee.
- Implementation of risk management policies and procedures, together with adequate risk management systems, in order to identify, measure, manage and monitor risks appropriately, on an on-going basis,
- Review of all risk management systems, for adequacy, effectiveness and compliance, at least annually, and the adaptation of same whenever necessary.
- Provision of regular risk reporting to risk and governing committees on the effectiveness of the risk management systems and on risk exceptions and any actions required to address risk issues.
- Input to new product proposals and Product Development Committee as required.
- Provision of general risk advice to the business as required.
- As a member of the global RQA function, participation in global or regional risk initiatives, as required.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Solid working experience, ideally of a minimum of 10 years within the risk management function of a financial services organization, preferably for a fund management company. Ideally, the candidate will have experience of investment risk, enterprise risk and operational risk management.
- Experience with risk models
- Fluent spoken and written English and Chinese Mandarin is essential
- Knowledge of key tools applicable in risk management, i.e. Enterprise Risk Management framework, Operating Event Management process, Risk and Control Self Assessments, Scenario Analysis
- Experience and knowledge of the Taiwanese regulations
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mathematics / Economics / Finance/ Business Administration desired
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and an ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Proven leadership skills and ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to manage details while maintaining a strategic view.
- Proactive and consistent in approach and flexibility to engage in specific risk projects/reviews on a short-term basis
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top