The Global Digital Team is part of the fast-growing global marketing function at BlackRock which seeks to scale our products and better engage a multi-trillion dollar audience of investors, advisors and institutions. The Digital team is at the center of a company-wide focus on expanding our footprint in the digital space and operates at the intersection of design, technology and data. We are building the firm's digital vision, developing product/UX strategies and collaborating across the business to launch simple, design-forward and client-centric user experiences across our web, mobile, social and digital marketing assets.
We are looking for an Associate – User Experience Design. This role is responsible for designing and enhancing websites and mobile apps across BlackRock's digital ecosystem.
More specifically, you will:
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible experiences that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes for users
- Champion user-centered design principles, and rely on these principles to create experiences that meet user needs (while simultaneously addressing business goals)
- Work closely with business partners to develop scenarios, personas, storyboards and user journeys
- Collaborate with key project team members, including visual designers, product managers and technology leads to deliver end-to-end solutions
- Must have 3-5 years interaction experience in either product related or agency environments designing consumer facing applications, websites and mobile experiences
- Skilled in developing wireframes, site maps, user journeys
- Skilled in documenting work including annotations, prototypes, functional specifications
- Prototyping experience in one or more tools such as Framer, Proto.io, Flinto, or Invision
- Strong understanding of content
- Experience using lean/agile product development models
- Ability to interface with development teams to ensure design delivery meets high quality standards
- Effectively act on internal feedback, user testing results and learnings to iterate designs that deliver more value for the user and business
- Strong presentation skills in explaining interactions, scenarios and story boards
- Experience assisting user research and user testing – and subsequently identifying user needs, actions, behaviors and emotions through research
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top