US and Canada DC Product Management Specialist (Analyst / Associate)
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock's AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Within BlackRock's US & Canada Defined Contribution (USDC) Group, the Product Management team is responsible for driving the product agenda, managing product launches and product infrastructure, client implementation, platform support and product pricing across over $700bn in Defined Contribution assets. The team works across the full lifecycle of our products, from inception through launch, and the full lifecycle of our client relationships, from on-boarding through best-in-class client service, offering a unique position and opportunity to interact cross-functionally across the broader BlackRock organization. Beyond the broader USDC team, the Product Management team regularly engages with many other groups throughout the firm, including; Institutional Client Business, US Wealth Advisory, Global Consultant Relations, Portfolio Management, Legal & Compliance, Marketing, and Business Operations.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual who is excited to work in a dynamic, fast-paced business that has been named by senior management as one of the main engines for future revenue growth. The Defined Contribution Product Management Specialist will focus primarily on coordinating the implementation of DC clients to ensure that our clients and prospects are serviced at the highest level. S/he will support and/or project manage the full lifecycle of the implementation while building strong external relationships with clients, plan record-keepers, and plan custodians. Internally, s/he will partner with Account Managers, Portfolio Management teams and Business Operations to ensure all stakeholders are coordinated and operating in a risk controlled manner. Similarly, s/he will partner closely with the broader DC team on various strategic projects to move new products forward, enhance business processes and mitigate risk.
- Project management of DC client implementations – including new clients and large mappings.
- Ownership of our implementation pipeline to ensure visibility into all client activity.
- Participation in, and eventually facilitation of, weekly internal status calls to coordinate client implementation activity.
- Responsible for reporting of data/statistics on implementing activity to senior management and for client presentations.
- Subject matter expertise of BlackRock products that are applicable to the DC market and our operating model with plan record-keepers and plan custodians.
- Develop strong external relationships with clients, plan record-keepers and plan custodians.
- Develop strong relationships with the Business Operations teams to ensure maximum leverage of firm-wide resources.
- Partner with Account Managers to ensure a consistent and positive client experience.
- Stay abreast of DC industry trends and plan design best practices.
- Partner with members of DC Product Management on various initiatives aimed at moving products forward and/or enhancing business processes.
- Contribute to team assignments, projects and executive support materials.
- Together with other members of the team, provide high quality timely responses to inquiries.
- Participate in special project assignments that have cross-functional scope and impact.
- Continuing education in finance, investments, and DC issues, to provide consistently improved client support.
- 1 - 3 years of investment, or Defined Contribution, related experience.
- Knowledge of the defined contribution market.
- Knowledge of defined contribution recordkeeping and trust operations.
- Strong project management problem-solving and planning skills.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple projects and initiatives.
- High level of self-motivation and flexibility, with a strong integrity & ethics.
- Organized, with strong time management skills.
- Possess high energy, motivation, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence.
- Effective team player, able to work with and influence people of all levels both internally and externally.
- Analytical ability to synthesize information and summarize key issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- Series 7 and Series 66 (within 6 months of start date).
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top