Transfer Agency Services (TAS) - Analyst
Business Unit Overview:
The Global TAS team is made up of 62 people across the globe, The APAC TAS team is made up of 22 people located in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan & Australia, servicing circa 700 funds, 14,000 client accounts, which generate 83,000 client orders per month.
The Asia TAS Team serves as the central point of contact for our clients, internal departments and external service providers. We provide client servicing for our clients investing in our BlackRock off-shore funds domiciled in Luxembourg, Dublin, Cayman and also the on-shore funds in Hong Kong, China and Taiwan. We provide oversight to our external Transfer Agents for account opening, fund dealing, payment, resolving issues and reporting for our clients.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of transfer agency services professionals supporting our APAC clients located in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and other South-East Asia countries.
The person in this role will work closely with our internal stakeholders to onboard clients investing in our on-shore & off-shore mutual fund ranges, participate in new fund launches, conduct service provider oversight ensuring service level agreements are met as well as ongoing active participation in new initiatives across all aspects of fund operations, client servicing & compliance.
The successful candidate will work closely with a number of internal teams supporting the business including; Retail Client Management, Institutional Client Business, Global Provider Strategy, Strategic Product Management, Portfolio Management Group, Client Order Management, Aladdin Portfolio Group, Fund Administration and Legal
- Serve as a contact for clients and their agents for account opening, investment instructions into BlackRock funds.
- Facilitate clients' placement of trade instructions in BlackRock funds with the external transfer agents.
- Work closely with internal and external groups; including but not limited to, Global Client Group, Business Operations and Transfer Agents.
- Provide high quality client service externally and internally, answering inquiries and resolving problems from clients as well as internal BlackRock groups.
- Identify and challenge non-standard/exception based processes and/or requests, escalating accordingly.
- Seek process improvements wherever possible, to facilitate take-on of additional activities through the commoditization/ automation of existing activities.
- Experience in project management, with the required skillset to take on a Project Manager role to scope, organize, communicate and timely delivery.
- Be a role model within the team and assist the management with the oversighting of junior team members, helping them with cross training and prioritizing workloads.
- Own client queries and drive them through to resolution, ensuring a variety of client queries are handled with due care and attention and responded to appropriately, within agreed time frames and always with consideration of the client's needs, expectations and experience.
- Partner with the sales team and other business stakeholders to develop solutions for our clients, exploring our service capabilities and continually looking for ways to innovate and provide clients with improved and better service outcomes.
The role will provide opportunities to learn the full operational processes for BlackRock Mutual Funds, Transfer Agent operation, client services and oversight responsibilities.
Being the central point for all Retail client contact queries and issues, we have daily interactions with departments such as Legal & Compliance, Portfolio Managers, Product and Client Business which will allow our team members to gain a wealth of knowledge about the workings of BlackRock, its position in the market and the wide range of products that we manage.
BlackRock is a firm believer in mobility of high performers across functional groups as it has been proven to keep the company better connected as we grow. This ensures an internal first policy for all open vacancies.
- 3 years of investment industry experience related to shareholder / client servicing or transfer agency operations.
- Understanding of investment operation processes.
- Knowledge of Luxembourg SICAVs, Dublin SICAVs or APAC On-Shore funds preferred.
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering policies and requirements.
- Fluent in English. Mandarin would be a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and an aptitude for learning new applications.
- Innovative problem solving capabilities and ability to think and act quickly.
- Ability to use factual based data in decision making process while working under critical deadlines.
- Capacity for working effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever- changing environment.
- Highly motivated, demonstrate genuine interests in financial / client services, an aptitude for problem solving and shows willingness to go the extra mile for clients.
- Organized, disciplined and methodical approach to work and able to manage time well whilst working in a sometimes pressured environment, with the ability to manage and prioritize work of self and others effectively to consistently meet business goals.
- A proactive team-player who understands that a highly organized team can drive better performance and can take the lead in driving through process improvements and change.
- An individual, who processes a proactive and 'can do' attitude, which can lead self and others with drive, determination and a willingness to learn and innovate.
- Personable, confident and able to develop strong relationships with both clients and internal partners.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top