Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
About this role
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock's Aladdin Wealth Technology organization is at the center of cutting-edge tools and technologies that serve financial advisors and investors. Aladdin Wealth consolidates BlackRock's varying products, including iRetire, FutureAdvisor, and Aladdin Risk for Wealth, with marketing and sales teams -- with the goal of improving the user experience of its technology products and improving relationships with the advisors who use it.
The Client Operations engineering team is responsible for the tools to help the successful onboarding and account management of clients and their accounts. Engineers on the team will need to balance the urgency in supporting the needs of onboarding clients, as well as proactive, innovative solutions at scale to ensure the seamless journey of the end client.
We are especially excited to have folks who care deeply about the product and have experience working cross-functionally with design, product & other engineering teams to solve complex problems with a common goal: producing better financial outcomes for families.
This role is a fit if you:
- Have a BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Have written high quality code that is scalable and testable
- Have architected and built web applications that are highly scalable and secure
- Have participated in the full software development life-cycle, including the code and architecture reviews process.
- Have collaborated iteratively with Product Management and Designers to help define and clarify requirements and scope
- Have scoped, implemented, and maintained at least one multi-month engineering project alongside a team of engineers
- Have or desire to mentor and guide junior engineers
- Have helped establish development best practices and guidelines
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience working with Ruby on Rails and MySQL (Preferred) or Similar
- 2+ years of experience working with JS Frameworks (React / Angular) or Similar
- 2+ years of Agile or Scrum experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex concepts effectively
Nice to have skills:
- Prior experience working with Client Facing Full stack applications
- Prior experience working in financial service/fintech
- Experience with Redux and Webpack
- Prior experience working with Salesforce APIs
- Passion for finance and basic knowledge of the portfolio management space
- Experience supporting a SaaS and API driven product
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/D/V.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.96 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock |
Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top