Service Delivery Manager – Publishing Team Lead, Web Tech Engineering, Vice President
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
About this role
BlackRock is looking for an experienced web operations and service delivery manager for its Global Web Content and Document Publishing team. This individual will coordinate publishers based in Europe and India and get along with business and technology employees across the BlackRock organization, to ensure accurate, efficient publication of content and documents to the firm's 150+ websites around the world.
In our team we are responsible for day-to-day staff oversight and queue management, active monitoring of publishing activity to ensure compliance with company policies and standards, oversight of training programs for content authors and publishers, and identifying and leading opportunities for process improvement and automation through technology innovations, agile methodologies, etc.
Your role and Impact
Critical criteria for success in this meaningful role include excellent interpersonal communication skills and experience with managing stakeholders across a large variety of business and operations teams; outstanding organization and project management skills handling a high-volume queue of tasks, and support requests; demonstrated ability to establish the vision, framework and metrics for a high-performance team across multiple locations; and a working familiarity with web publishing/CMS and document management systems.
- Act as a primary Relationship Manager with Document Owners/Content Creators/Site Managers and other key stakeholders (Legal and Compliance, Marketing, Operations)
- Meet client needs (content/document owners) and manage expectations within operational framework and standards
- Establish service level agreements and ensure quality and efficiency in the execution of publishing services
- Train and supervise the work of publishers
- Establish criteria for access to publishing systems; manage user accounts and access privileges
- Supervise and build periodic reports and analysis on publishing activity including regular sharing of metrics
- Build / Track measures of success and communicate this data in a consumable way
- Develop the business case and rationale for new features and innovations; communicate platform developments / updates as needed so that partners understand what we're doing and why
- Partner with the WTE platform team: advocate new features, communicate platform changes to content/document owners
- Keep WTE leadership informed of the team's progress and provide a realistic picture of what is achievable with the resources at hand; issue executive publishing reports
- You must have 8 + years' experience in a relevant publishing, operations or service delivery management role, including expertise in managing processes and procedures globally
- Proven track record to oversee a function and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Experience in financial services industry preferred
- Experience with one or more of the following issue management and content management systems and tools preferred: JIRA, Zendesk, Bugzilla, Salesforce, Teamsite, Red Oak.
- Proficiency with Agile/scrum methodologies and reporting preferred
- Strong analytical abilities, highly organized and detail oriented
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, collaborative, team player
Company provided perks and benefits
- Pension fund contribution
- Private medical insurance (optional for family members too)
- Life and disability insurance
- Unlimited number of paid holidays above the legally eligible quota (to be discussed with the manager)
Learning and development
- Free access to popular learning sites
- Personal training budget
- Ability to attend conferences
Company culture and volunteering
- Two fully paid volunteering days
- Corporate events (Christmas party, Charity Bake Sale)
Interested? Hit apply!
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top