Senior DevOps Engineer (AWS infrastructure)
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
We are: A team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the finance service industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are a B2B2C enterprise SAAS company making software that allows our customers to retire in style.
Our company has a strong mission to ensure that high-quality investment management services are available to everyone.
We're growing at a rapid rate and we are looking to build new technology to scale our business. We're looking for software engineers who want to build impactful solutions to a really challenging problem: producing better financial outcomes for families.
We are the engineers who create and improve the software development lifecycle. e are responsible as a team for the AWS infrastructure that the site runs on. We are currently implementing a one-size-fits-all container pipeline for new services instead of requiring individualized service deployment configuration. We aim to expose standardized service metadata on containerized services allowing us to easily create standardized tooling that supports them throughout their lifecycles. This includes dependencies, metrics, and maintenance data so that we can focus on making our single pipeline better instead of needing to continuously create new pipelines while old ones go stale.
- Develop and improve our Amazon-based deployment processes using container technologies such as Docker, Packer, ECS.
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD infrastructure writing code in multiple scripting languages such as bash, Ruby, Go, etc.
- Liaise with our customers (the Engineering and Implementation teams) and architects to design improvements to our development lifecycle.
- Work with the team to implement our code approval signing process and improve our overall release cycle.
- Automate processes so that engineers can self-service their operational requirements.
- Maintain documentation and troubleshooting runbooks.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or related experience is ideal.
- At least 5 years' experience developing and maintaining a CI system.
- At least 5 years' experience creating and maintaining AWS infrastructure as code using eg. Terraform or Cloudformation.
- At least 5 years' experience with Configuration Management eg. Salt, Chef, Puppet, Pillar.
- At least 4 years of engineering development experience in two of (Groovy, Ruby, Python, Go, NodeJS)
- At least 5 years of experience with Docker, particularly in an AWS ECS environment or similar.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services and standards.
- Strong understanding of security best practices to protect systems and customer data
- Passion for solving problems and improving the performance of technology to impact the business.
- Care about creating a great product, being responsible for it and collaborating closely with other engineers.
- Bring a collaborative work style that can be effective in an Agile environment.
- Have a strong mission to automate everything, but you know when introducing automation might be a bad idea.
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
FutureAdvisor will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top