What is Aladdin?
The Aladdin® product unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step in the investment process. Aladdin enables organizations to communicate better, work smarter, see clearer, and move faster in a changing landscape. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry's thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group creates next generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets, support millions of financial instruments and their risk calculations and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide.
This position is for a Senior Developer in the Fund Share Holder Services team. Team is the part of the Aladdin Product Group responsible for the core systems used to manage the money-flow lifecycle which drives the core investment process. Our primary objective is to ensure that systems are highly scalable to support ongoing business demands and increases in flow activity. There is regular interaction with transfer agents, portfolio managers, business operations groups and client management. The team is responsible for delivering technology solutions that support the end-to-end investment process for all regions and has individuals across the globe.
The purpose of this role is to be the Senior Developer for the Fund Share Holder Services team in the APAC region. This role will encompass both software development and providing technical direction to the junior members within the team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- This position is for an experienced Java Developer to build our next generation TA, New Cash and Reporting needs through conventional sources and non-RDBMS options.
- Production Support (ensure proper coverage, issue resolution, escalation point)
- Hands on software Development (mentoring junior members, code reviews, ensuring development standards are followed)
- The candidate will have experience in delivering software solutions to time, budget and quality. He or she should have desire to interact directly with business operations and a willingness to understand existing global systems. The candidate will have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to work effectively in a global team environment.
Successful candidates will have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in finance, business or accounting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and learn quickly
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team-environment
- Ability to manage/influence development across teams
- Excellent track record for project execution
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top