RQA Risk Manager, Trading & Liquidity and Alternatives, Vice President
Business Unit Overview:
We are currently looking for candidates with exceptional experience, training, quantitative and communication skills to join RQA as a member of the regional Trading & Liquidity Strategies and Alternatives focussed team. The successful candidate will take an important role in overseeing the risk management and quantitative analysis functions for BlackRock's London Cash, Securities Finance and Transition Management businesses. Proficiency in financial modelling, data sciences and financial markets and ideally contribute to a group that combines research, advisory and governance activities. She/he will be a senior member of a large global team and will have access to significant support resources. Dependent upon the candidate there may also be opportunities for the role to encompass parts of the alternatives business oversight.
This challenging assignment requires solving real world problems in the investment process, working closely—but independently— with investment teams and BlackRock's risk management team to develop and implement industry-leading best practices. Responsibilities to support, provide oversight and risk manage the following:
- International segment of BlackRock's $400 billion Cash management business
- BlackRock's EMEA Securities Lending business to control risk and increase capital efficiency
- BlackRock's Transition Management business with state of the art tools to manage and mitigate risk while controlling transaction costs
- BlackRock's Execution Trading department and the broader RQA functions with insights from markets and associated higher frequency derived information
- Understand all businesses' exposures, transactions and holdings while maintaining a proactive view of financial markets that may incorporate risks that are challenging to quantify
- Develop relationships with investment managers to better communicate the risk of their activities and advise them of practical risk mitigation strategies
- Partner with BlackRock Solutions to deliver industry leading risk analytics and models to BlackRock through the Aladdin platform and when required, off the Aladdin platform
- Direct the creation, production and delivery of reports pertaining to risk and performance decomposition
- Pay special attention to the "tail risk" in the various activities outlined and any potential impact on our clients and BlackRock
- Understanding the factors impacting hedge fund, multi-strategy and hedge fund of fund portfolios and ability to manage those risks in particular highlighting factor concentrations across the alts space.
- Understanding how macro-economic and hedge fund specific factors drive the portfolio construction process
Candidates should have demonstrated track record in tackling the difficult real world problems of the investment management business. All positions require outstanding quantitative, communication, presentation and leadership skills. Attention to detail, a strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment are other important characteristics.
Only candidates with the highest ethical standards need apply for this key fiduciary risk management responsibility
- PhD/ MS in Finance or related Quantitative subject area
- Relevant professional work experience in the financial services sector
- Working knowledge of the financial markets, with expertise in cash and fixed income products and liquid alternative investing
- Exceptional quantitative and computational skills with experience developing and using risk management tools
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Highly organized and able to adhere to tight deadlines
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), PRMIA, or GARP designation is a plus
- Familiarity with programming (VBA, R) and database (SQL) skills is desirable
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top