Risk Analytics Reporting Operations – Project Lead
- Budapest, Hungary
About this role
Data Operations / Production Delivery (PD) is part of the Data & AI (DAI) organization. PD team is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of Risk and Performance Analytics Reporting to our clients through the release of the Green Package (GP) product. GP is a comprehensive suite of reports and tools that allow portfolio management teams to manage market risk and make sound investment decisions. PD also provides daily risk reporting and ad-hoc client support to over $17T of BlackRock and BRS assets across tens of thousands of portfolios. PD is a fast paced and challenging environment with team members who all share an interest in Finance and Technology.
- Produce and quality control the Green Package for all internal and external clients
- Function as Subject matter expert (SME) for all content (Risk/Returns/Performance) that is reported within the Green Package
- Perform control and risk oversight for functions performed within team including but not limited to:
- Identifying, managing and mitigating operational risks
- Escalating risk and service issues on a timely basis
- Understanding and adherence for all regulatory requirements
- Ability to research and problem solve with a strong focus on automation and process improvement
- Build strong relationships with key internal & external business stake holders and exceed their expectations
- Maintain data and analytics reported in the Green Package and other Aladdin tools. Coordinate with various internal and external teams to ensure data input quality.
- Continuously streamline the Green Package process through production and engineering improvement
- Understand client needs and work with internal BlackRock Teams to provide relevant and intuitive analysis through the Green Package platform
- Championing change within the team and participating / leading various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including automation/ standardization efforts, cost/benefit analysis and computing the resulting project ROI
- Set up escalation protocols, maintain accurate and current operations procedures
- Embracing BlackRock Principles and role modeling these behaviors to other team members
- Performing people management activities is a possibility, including recruiting, coaching and development of staff, leading and motivating as well as performing goal-settings, 1-1s, mid-year and year-end staff reviews
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products (with an emphasis on Excel) and an aptitude for learning new applications
- Strong, effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, UNIX / Linux, VBA, Perl will be an added advantage
- Attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy for all deliverables
- Ability to learn new concepts and frameworks quickly, and hunger to develop new skills
- Excellent communication skills to effectively articulate solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and balance deliverables without losing sight of overall objectives and deadlines
- Demonstration of strategic & tactical delivery in previous role(s) which would have enhanced the efficiency, risk management and control oversight of team(s) managed
- Exceptional decision-making skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Ability to work in a team environment and build strong relationships with colleagues and global team members
- Capability to assist in creating a team vision, planning and executing steps to ensure a consistently high performing team
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapid changing, deadline driven environment
- Strong initiative to follow up on outstanding issues - identify what needs to be done and take action and see through to resolution
- Degree in Finance or Engineering or Technology
- 3 - 5 years of financial services experience and a good understanding of Financial Markets, preferably within the Client Reporting in Investment Management
equal experience in IT Operations in a data management or reporting area with a good understanding of complex databases, data pipelines and data quality control
- Experience in project management and using related project management tools. Having worked with Agile and / or Lean methodologies is a plus.
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders and remote managers
- Supervisory experience is an advantage (demonstrated experience in leading teams of professionals, staff development, coaching and performance assessments)
- Candidates will gain exposure to working directly with our stakeholders such as Portfolio Management Group, Risk & Quantitative Analysis, Client Reporting Teams and BlackRock Solutions Aladdin Clients.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to develop knowledge on the constantly evolving investment technology of Aladdin; improve on their finance knowledge and technical skills
- Candidates will have the opportunity to participate in projects that will push them to think outside the box in order to solve numerous complex issues
- Candidates will gain an exposure to leadership roles driving business initiatives
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Back to top