BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock's AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock Private Investors is looking for a Portfolio Specialist to support our Separately Managed Accounts (SMA) team in the New York office. As a Portfolio Specialist, you will build relationships internally with Portfolio Managers, investment teams and the sales organization as well as externally with clients and Financial Advisors. On a day-to-day basis you will actively deliver a broad set of investment solutions to clients across various platforms, trade client accounts, and generally support the SMA Portfolio Managers in managing their book of accounts.
- Build an expert knowledge of the Team's trade modeling and order creation systems
- Trade client accounts – invest/divest assets as appropriate, rebalance accounts, etc.
- Research & resolve individual account discrepancies to ensure a consistent client experience
- Handle incoming FA inquiries, provide a professional investment experience and resolve account-related issues accurately and efficiently
- Confirm asset allocation, review administrative & client exception reports
- Produce various internal reports relating to trading and investment performance on a timely and accurate basis
- Assist the Portfolio Managers in handling very significant new account growth
- Provide basic financial market information via Thomson, Bloomberg, etc.
- Produce reports for managing the business
- Prepare client presentations, including gathering statistical data
- Develop a broad understanding of BlackRock's SMA product offerings
- BA/BS is required or considerable portfolio support experience
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgment
- Experience with trading and implementation of separately managed accounts (SMA's) is preferred
- Familiarity with Fiserv APL system is preferred
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Solid quantitative skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize numerous projects
- Series 7 and 66 highly desired, must be attained within six months of hire if not already licensed
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
Vice President, Quality Engineering
Tyron works with the Aladdin Quality Engineering Team, focused on improving the quality of the Aladdin platform, reducing defects and improving productivity by building software to test software.
Back to top