Portfolio Modeling – UI - Associate
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The FMG is a diverse and global team with a keen interest and expertise in all things related to technology and financial analytics. The group is responsible for the research and development of quantitative financial models and tools across many different areas - single-security pricing, prepayment models, risk, return attribution, optimization and portfolio construction, scenario analysis and simulations, etc. - and covering all asset classes. The group is also responsible for the technology platform that delivers those models to our internal partners and external clients, and their integration with Aladdin. FMG conducts leading research on the areas above, delivering state-of-the-art models. FMG publishes applied scientific research frequently, and our members present regularly at leading industry conferences. FMG engages constantly with the sales team in client visits and meetings.
The Aladdin® product unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step in the investment process. Aladdin enables organizations to communicate better, work smarter, see clearer, and move faster in a changing landscape. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for many thousands of users across hundreds of clients, including BlackRock and many of the largest asset owners and asset managers around the world.
FMG is establishing a new team focusing on User Interface / web development in Mumbai and is looking for a talented, self-starter manager who can drive the FMG Portfolio Modeling Analytics agenda through building world class web tools and APIs .
FMG's Portfolio Modeling Analytics team uses multiple technologies (Java/J2EE, C++, R, JS, HTML/CSS) and provides a stable, scalable platform with appropriate standards and procedures to support the diverse nature and demands of a wide range of investment teams and clients.
- Design and deliver high quality, interactive web-based applications
- Communicate with other relevant teams and stake holders across geographies.
- Deploy models and systems into production ensuring that they are efficient and robust.
- Work on the necessary infrastructure to facilitate testing, debugging and development.
- Develop team expertise using our analytical tools.
- Aid in trouble-shooting to resolve issues under time constraints.
- Strong communication skills.
- 3+ years of strong hands on experience (web development experience preferred)
- Proficiency with Angular, ES5/ES6, node.js, webpack and other UI development technologies is preferred.
- Good knowledge of JAVA
- Knowledge with modern scripting languages such as R, Python or Ruby is a plus
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies for distributed computing including Scala/Spark and data storage mechanisms for Cassandra/SOLR/Ignite is a plus
- Knowledge of basic financial concepts related to various asset classes and concepts related to Portfolio Risk Modeling and Optimization is a plus.
- Strong quantitative skills with good knowledge of mathematics is desirable
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and strong work ethics
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and focused with strong time management skills
Other qualifications: The BlackRock culture is one of excellence, teamwork, integrity, and delivering results to our clients. Success in Financial Modeling requires creativity, team focus, ability to multitask and meticulous attention to detail.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Meet Some of BlackRock's Employees
SabrinaLead UX Designer—New York
Sabrina handles a variety of responsibilities—from designing enterprise software, to managing and mentoring other designers, to championing user-centered design within BlackRock—in support of BlackRock’s continual focus on improving the user experience of its technology solutions.
Back to top